Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having trouble deciding between the Hybrid and the 2.0L Eco Boost?

I really want to order one now and get in line to wait, but without being able to drive one, I am having trouble deciding.

I think I am leaning towards the Hybrid because of the fuel savings. I also don't need AWD and won't tow much. The main concern I have is the experience of driving a Hybrid. I don't think I have ever driven one before and I'm not sure how it feels to have the engine cutting on and off when driving. The few times I have driven a rental car that had the engine start/stop feature (when you come to a complete stop), it always drove me crazy and I always turn it off. I am assuming a Hybrid will be like that, but even worse?

There are also the negatives that the Hybrid has less rear legroom, under-seat storage space, and might take longer to get built.

All of those reasons make me want to order a Ecoboost...But, those fuel savings!

Does anybody want to push me in either direction? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
You won't notice the engine because the motors drive the transmission to the wheels, unlike the newer cars that the engine quits at traffic lights which kills the A/C, my Prius the A/C is electric like a window unit not engine driven so stay cool all the ttime. You could rent a hybrid for a few days to get the feel of it, we rented a 2021 Prius out west and got a stellar 74mpg on the expressway back to the airport.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is anyone else having trouble deciding between the Hybrid and the 2.0L Eco Boost?

I really want to order one now and get in line to wait, but without being able to drive one, I am having trouble deciding.

I think I am leaning towards the Hybrid because of the fuel savings. I also don't need AWD and won't tow much. The main concern I have is the experience of driving a Hybrid. I don't think I have ever driven one before and I'm not sure how it feels to have the engine cutting on and off when driving. The few times I have driven a rental car that had the engine start/stop feature (when you come to a complete stop), it always drove me crazy and I always turn it off. I am assuming a Hybrid will be like that, but even worse?

There are also the negatives that the Hybrid has less rear legroom, under-seat storage space, and might take longer to get built.

All of those reasons make me want to order a Ecoboost...But, those fuel savings!

I currently drive a 2019 fusion hybrid and it didn't take long to adjust. I really love it. I won't go back to straight gas. I check my mileage each day and get over EPA mileage almost every day. (42+ mpg)
My Maverick will be built in November and it will be a hybrid.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm ordering the Hybrid and can't stand the regular engines that shut off at stops. With the hybrid you may actually accelerate little before the engine kicks in.

·
Registered
1 Posts

We have a 1 year old Honda Insight. Just the same as the Prius, you absolutly cannot feeI the gas engine kick in and out. Standing stop acceleration is very good because you get the immediate electric power as well as the engine. Love it so much I ordered the Maverick hybrid as soon as possible.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The horsepower discrepancy between the H and ICE don't tell the whole story. Only way to decide is to drive both. The hybrids I have driven have all been smoother, quieter, more responsive and much more fuel efficient than their ICE only counterparts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't know what to tell you. I've been driving a hybrid since 2008. I will never go back to a 'regular' vehicle.
I couldn't agree more ! I LOVE my Prius for the amazing fuel economy...
I love my F150 for the utility, and the looks, and the stereo, but gas is so rediculous I can barely afford to drive it 😟
Personally speaking, I'll never buy another vehicle that is not at least a hybrid, but in a few more years, maybe all electric 😉👍

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think you have to ask yourself why you are getting the vehicle as well. For me, I am replacing my daily driver, a 2004 civic that my kid will get for school next year, so it was kind of a no-brainer to get the Hybrid.

I do have a 2010 Ram, but I have not used the towing for a few years, and will get rid of that as well. Really this is replacing my civic with a vehicle that has a little more utility so I can get rid of the 2010 Ram. I do live in an extreme environment, but front wheel drive vehicles have never given me issues.

That's my reasoning for the Hybrid, maybe ask yourself if you are getting it to be a truck, or getting it for commuting. I think the Hybrid does a good job of being a commuter with a large amount of utility. If you are getting it because you will have to tow items, I think the AWD Tow Package is best. Of course everyone's reasons are different and how you weigh mileage/utility does make a difference. I hope this gives you a little help in how you make your decision.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think you have to ask yourself why you are getting the vehicle as well. For me, I am replacing my daily driver, a 2004 civic that my kid will get for school next year, so it was kind of a no-brainer to get the Hybrid.

I do have a 2010 Ram, but I have not used the towing for a few years, and will get rid of that as well. Really this is replacing my civic with a vehicle that has a little more utility so I can get rid of the 2010 Ram. I do live in an extreme environment, but front wheel drive vehicles have never given me issues.

That's my reasoning for the Hybrid, maybe ask yourself if you are getting it to be a truck, or getting it for commuting. I think the Hybrid does a good job of being a commuter with a large amount of utility. If you are getting it because you will have to tow items, I think the AWD Tow Package is best. Of course everyone's reasons are different and how you weigh mileage/utility does make a difference. I hope this gives you a little help in how you make your decision.
Well said. Choose based on what you'll be doing with it 95% of the time, not based on what you might want to do once.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gas around here is floating around $1.35 a litre or $5.13 a gallon. $100 to fill up my Tacoma. Another reason for a hybrid.
Dang I’m in Wichita,ks and reg unleaded is running $3.85 gallon, premium is right at $4.00 a gallon. Still plenty high, but not over five bucks.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Wait for the Hybrid.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well said. Choose based on what you'll be doing with it 95% of the time, not based on what you might want to do once.
I’m glad you posted. You are the exact target market that Ford is going after. People who have a daily driver like a Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Subaru Impreza that wants the 40mpgs , is familiar with FWD but wants a vehicle with versatility and that glorious payload. It is basically Fords tomahawk missile launched at the small foreign car market .

·
Registered
174 Posts
I’m glad you posted. You are the exact target market that Ford is going after. People who have a daily driver like a Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Subaru Impreza that wants the 40mpgs , is familiar with FWD but wants a vehicle with versatility and that glorious payload. It is basically Fords tomahawk missile launched at the small foreign car market .
Count me in this group. I also happen to drive an Impreza :)

·
Registered
13 Posts

I actually got to drive and sit in eco awd and really like feel...lots of power if needed...I adjusted driver seat to where I was comfortable and then got in back seat and I had plenty room...I'm 5' 10 ....but I'm gonna go with hybrid and color I want

1 - 19 of 19 Posts