Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I convinced myself I’m getting area 51 XL. But now I’m going to change to XLT both are hybrids. And I’m wondering with the luxury package does the carbonize gray look good with the blue interior or should I stick with the area 51 color?

I know the rims will look really sweet with Carbonite gray on the XLT.
So if you own carbonize gray XLT please let me know your thoughts.
Of course I could just leave my order as is for the Area 51 XL highbred with copilot 360 and drop in bedliner plus a few extra items on it

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been driving way too long today so that I could sit in a Interstate parking lot for well over an hour. Will get some sleep then regroup tomorrow to sort out if I will change my order. Then will either keep XL or move to XLT. Trying to find a balance of $ spent vs benefit of time in the seat driving it since it will not be a daily driver.

Keep the Hybird XL ordered to save some $ but get some base options:
Area 51, co-pilot 360, manual slide window, hood film, tail gate late to prevent theft, 400 inverter, drop in bed liner
or
Change to Hybird XLT to get power seats with lux option. Maybe change to CG color, hood film, manual slide window.

Just don’t want to pay for any package that duplicates something I already would be getting. I know the hybrid already comes with a full size spare.

Driving home tonight it seems other trucks, not per say Ford, that are a dark gray color are harder to see at night when coming up from behind plus I worry the gray would show dirt easily. Maybe likewise Area 51 (not certain on that point).
Thanks for your input Limacharlie48.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The more I am seeing the XL Area 51 color makes me think I will just keep my original hybird order done this past Wednesday.

Only disappointing thing is the Hybrid already comes with a full size spare. By adding the co-pilot 360 one would likewise get a full size spare though Ford does not give you a second tire for free, in a manner of speaking, thus you are paying for one of the 360 items Ford does not give you as part of that package.

Think my total out the door price was around $25,400 and that is before I call to remove the pilot 360 option.

Maybe I will just cancel the 360 option and save that $540.

·
Registered
2016 Lava Orange GT3
7 Posts
I have a Carbonized Gray XLT AWD with luxury package on order. Just love the look. I feel it will look great with wheels and a nice tint. Plus my other vehicles are Lava Orange and Capri Blue so I figured the Carbonized Gray would be something completely different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts