Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use a tired old Honda Pilot as my 'work truck', and am interested in switching to a Maverick (with the camper shell as the stuff I carry needs to stay clean and dry). In order for it to work, I'd need to be able to carry at least 2 but preferably 3 or 4 large boxes of stuff in the cabin, behind the front seat. Can anyone tell me if there is clearance and space to get through the back door and place, either on the back seat or on the 'floor' with the back seat up, an 18"x18"x24" Uhaul Large box from either side? I'm 6'3" so I usually have the drivers seat all the way back, but it would be fine to load them from only the passengers side. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You also have an entire bed, and toppers are available. They're quite expensive, in my opinion, but they do exist, and I'm sure the aftermarket will jump in with cheaper options later.
I'd definitely use the bed and require a topper, but that's not quite enough space. I need to be able to carry a couple more boxes up front when needed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I currently use a tired old Honda Pilot as my 'work truck', and am interested in switching to a Maverick (with the camper shell as the stuff I carry needs to stay clean and dry). In order for it to work, I'd need to be able to carry at least 2 but preferably 3 or 4 large boxes of stuff in the cabin, behind the front seat. Can anyone tell me if there is clearance and space to get through the back door and place, either on the back seat or on the 'floor' with the back seat up, an 18"x18"x24" Uhaul Large box from either side? I'm 6'3" so I usually have the drivers seat all the way back, but it would be fine to load them from only the passengers side. Thanks!
I'm 6'4" and also would have to put the seat all the way back, in addition to tilting steering wheel up and adjusting the telescoping part. I then fit fine without feeling cramped. My XL AWD was only ordered 10 days ago but I got to sit inside another one on dealer's lot & checked it out. You should have no problem putting that size UHaul box on the back seat, even with the front seat all the way back. BTW, the headliner in the Maverick has an indentation on top to give more room for tall people like us, also an indentation on back of the front seat to make more room for back seat passenger's knees. Ford gave this little truck some thought on this model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm 6'4" and also would have to put the seat all the way back, in addition to tilting steering wheel up and adjusting the telescoping part. I then fit fine without feeling cramped. My XL AWD was only ordered 10 days ago but I got to sit inside another one on dealer's lot & checked it out. You should have no problem putting that size UHaul box on the back seat, even with the front seat all the way back. BTW, the headliner in the Maverick has an indentation on top to give more room for tall people like us, also an indentation on back of the front seat to make more room for back seat passenger's knees. Ford gave this little truck some thought on this model.
Thanks! I was pretty late ordering, but should hopefully get a hybrid sometime this summer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! I was pretty late ordering, but should hopefully get a hybrid sometime this summer!
If I didn't live in a snowy winter city I would have got the Hybrid. Your per tank mileage will be fantastic! We will both get ours in the summer, though I've read some are coming in early. Enjoy yours & I'll do the same, perhaps hopefully May for mine but who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts