Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was excited to hear that there was finally a compact pickup arriving. Short lived excitement . Maverick is not really a compact like generation one Toyotas. I personally know more than a dozen people who want a two door extra cab, not a four door. We want a 6 foot bed, and a deep metallic green ..What the hell is going on at Ford. Maybe Ram 700?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was excited to hear that there was finally a compact pickup arriving. Short lived excitement . Maverick is not really a compact like generation one Toyotas. I personally know more than a dozen people who want a two door extra cab, not a four door. We want a 6 foot bed, and a deep metallic green ..What the hell is going on at Ford. Maybe Ram 700?
No we dont want that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yea in this day and age...nobody wants an access cab because passengers really can't sit in there and be comfortable...you gotta open the front door to open it(Toyota)..and just two doors? Yea, Not happening in this day and age...Look at all the storage you lose just because you think you need a 6-foot bed... The Maverick isn't your truck trust me....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you noticed that a vast majority of full size trucks are now crew cabs? This isn't the 1980's or even 1990's anymore. Even trucks used for business are heavy on extended cab & crew cabs. That's like saying everyone still wants to buy sedans which we all know is not the case, the United States has become infatuated with SUV's which now make up almost 50% of car sales. Why do you think Honda only bothers to sell one cab variant of the Ridgeline?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Right, and we want it loaded with accessories, including winch, and we want it for $9000 bucks OTD - ford would sell millions of em!

·
Registered
174 Posts
People need to realize that Ford's main target demographic for the Maverick (Hybrid at least) is younger people in the city who want a good MPG vehicle to carry things for DIY projects. Many people who have never owned a truck. People who want passengers or to be able to fit a child's car seat. People who want to be able to comfortably park it in tight spaces. People who like the outdoors, but are only weekend campers. This is why they got Gabrielle Union as a spokesperson and you see all these millennials that don't look like truck people in their marketing materials and website. The 2.0 EcoBoost AWD with towing is more for the truck people, but Ford intends to sell a crapload of the regular hybrid to people who aren't really into trucks. Look at where all the reservations are coming from: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orlando.

Maybe down the line they will offer an extended cab, 6ft bed, in green just like cedarpirit and the "dozens" of people want. But the thousands of people don't want that.

·
Registered
103 Posts
curious that you want a two door long bed model…if you have access to a 4 door for group settings? Maverick designed from day one for low price and multi purposes and city dwellers (want a 4 door) ….who only want one vehicle in their stable because parking spots in cities come at a very high Cost.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hyundai Troll

Reactions: Supersonic

·
Registered
129 Posts
nobody wants an access cab because passengers really can't sit in there and be comfortable...you gotta open the front door to open it(Toyota)..and just two doors? Yea, Not happening in this day and age...Look at all the storage you lose just because you think you need a 6-foot bed...
Call me "nobody" then, maybe I'll change my user name. I am all for a 6' bed with extended cab. the 4' bed is useless to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I do admit I'd like more than a 4-foot bed, but in all honesty the bed doesn't get used as much as the backseat to keep everything locked inside and secured. I currently own a Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab and I do like the ability to put passengers in the back if needed but that rarely happens. The backseat is generally used for secure indoor storage.
If one really wants the two door truck, go for the Dodge but it and Santa Fe are a little too cute for my taste. I especially like the fact that Ford made Maverick look like a truck. I want a small practical truck with good MPG for the many miles I drive or I don't really need my thirsty Ram pickup. Maverick is exactly what I need.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts