Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my First Edition in Rapid Red in early July. Have heard the Rapid Red color and even first edition likely will delay the order. I really did not care too much about the decals. I was able to replicate a Lariat version in Hot Pepper Red and upgrade the bed cover from Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Soft Folding to Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Hard Rollup and keep the price about the same. Hoping this speeds things up. Anyone else done or considering doing something similar?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered my First Edition in Rapid Red in early July. Have heard the Rapid Red color and even first edition likely will delay the order. I really did not care too much about the decals. I was able to replicate a Lariat version in Hot Pepper Red and upgrade the bed cover from Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Soft Folding to Tonneau Pickup Box Cover - Hard Rollup and keep the price about the same. Hoping this speeds things up. Anyone else done or considering doing something similar?
I was wondering what the story is with First Edition. I've ordered one (hybrid) and haven't heard anything. I also haven't seen anyone post a "scheduled for production" email for a First Edition. Seems like I'm going to be waiting a while!

·
Registered
131 Posts
The FE is really just some body decals, a moonroof, and a black roof for me. Black roofs are a bad idea where I live due to their UV absorption properties, and I don't particularly want a moonroof. We don't use the one in the wife's car enough, and as a fairly tall guy I'd like more headroom. Plus, it's just one more piece of glass to blow out eventually, one more set of rubber seals to fail eventually. Plus, my family's not very uv-resistant, so there are fewer sunburns to worry about.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Funny, I went the other way around, went from a Lariat Lux Hybrid to a FE. When I compared the DORA's I was paying $191 more for the FE. Not bad for a moonroof and tonneau cover. The graphics look pretty good as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts