Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered xlt hybrid but looking into adding the co pilot 360 which includes full size spare for hybrid...is the co pilot a good add...will watch some videos today

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ordered it with my XLT too. If it saves one wreck it's worth it. I'm looking at it for keeping me in my lane if and when I may get sleepy. Blind spot monitoring is nice. The rear cross traffic alert is good too. I test drive cars for a living and these have saved me at times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got it mainly for the rear cross traffic alert. I initially assumed that would be standard with the rear camera, but unfortunately it’s not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i am blind in one eye and to me this is an important feature. if this option was included in a higher trim level i would have bought a higher spec truck. i ordered XL, ecoboozed (FWD) and co pilot 360, and that's all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am blind in one eye and to me this is an important feature. if this option was included in a higher trim level i would have bought a higher spec truck. i ordered XL, ecoboozed (FWD) and co pilot 360, and that's all.
I drove a maverick eco boost and it has alot of giddy up.. really thinking about going with it now vs hybrid just for fact may get earlier build date. I just ordered and I fig be at least 6 months on hybrid

·
Registered
3 Posts
For me the blind spot alert is the best feature. I plan to put a rack and roof top tent on the back, which will cut down on visibility a lot. But also think about insurance - when I got my current car which has similar safety features my insurance rates went down by a fair amount - like $10/month. So it will pay for itself.

Lane keep is nice, on my Crosstrek it is even useful when driving in a cross wind, it counteracts the wind. But soon after using it you will realize that lane centering is the ideal feature, of course that is only available on the Lariat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
it will be new for me. Our current cars do not have backup camera, 360, or any of this stuff. Looking forward to using it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me the blind spot alert is the best feature. I plan to put a rack and roof top tent on the back, which will cut down on visibility a lot. But also think about insurance - when I got my current car which has similar safety features my insurance rates went down by a fair amount - like $10/month. So it will pay for itself.

Lane keep is nice, on my Crosstrek it is even useful when driving in a cross wind, it counteracts the wind. But soon after using it you will realize that lane centering is the ideal feature, of course that is only available on the Lariat.
Yea I thot same on insurance so that will be easy choice for me...the hard choice is staying with the hybrid choice...I know they are wayyy behind on them and I need a vehicle like now...so thought of switching to eco boost is getting easier if it will get me a maverick quicker...hate they recommend 91 gas ....I'm guessing at least 6months on hybrid....seen dealers who ordered for themselves in June and still nothing...not even build date

·
Registered
12 Posts
so thought of switching to eco boost is getting easier if it will get me a maverick quicker
i saw a dealer near me in houston said they had 3 in stock (all identical XLT builds with same add ons, and none with 360 so not what i wanted) and showed them listed at MSRP.
maybe thats something you should look into if you need something now. i have a scheduled build of 11/1 so i'll keep driving my old mustang until it arrives....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered co pilot with my xlt hybrid. To be honest, I have it with some of my transit connects, and there’s a lot of issues. When there’s an issue with the MAP sensor, for some reason the copilot goes crazy. Alerts on the screen, won’t let you accelerate, hits the brakes etc. Cross traffic goes off etc. It’s ridiculous. Brand new connect 2021, had it a week. Copilot slammed the brakes on a country road, “saving me from an accident” with no one around. Ended up being the MAP sensor, which wiring runs through whatever the copilot does, and causing it to go weird.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered co pilot with my xlt hybrid. To be honest, I have it with some of my transit connects, and there’s a lot of issues. When there’s an issue with the MAP sensor, for some reason the copilot goes crazy. Alerts on the screen, won’t let you accelerate, hits the brakes etc. Cross traffic goes off etc. It’s ridiculous. Brand new connect 2021, had it a week. Copilot slammed the brakes on a country road, “saving me from an accident” with no one around. Ended up being the MAP sensor, which wiring runs through whatever the copilot does, and causing it to go weird.
Can you turn it off...cause I like country roads

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you turn it off...cause I like country roads
Country road was just an example. It’s happened in parking lots, streets. It’s bad. Why a MAP sensor would affect copilot is beyond me to begin with. MAP sensor is engine related. No you can’t turn it off either. I’ve had all three connects to in for the same thing. Gave me a rental each time because it was deemed unsafe to drive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got it on my order. Will I use it? Dunno. Was cheap enough and if I like it, I will use it. If not, I think some or all of it can be turned off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I
I got it on my order. Will I use it? Dunno. Was cheap enough and if I like it, I will use it. If not, I think some or all of it can be turned off.
it can’t be turned off, but the sensitivity can be set lower, but no matter what setting it’s on, it acts the same because it’s a software issue. Kind of like when the rear defroster sets off the alarm on a car. The problem isn’t the copilot itself, it’s the MAP sensor causing a strange fault, which makes the copilot glitch out. Even if you could tturm it off, it’s a weird glitch and would still happen. Hopefully it’s just a transit connect problem.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I ordered it with my Lariat Luxury package. I've never had BLIS or cross traffic, but my current Focus has a backup camera. And it enables adaptive cruise and lane keeping assist, which are huge features I've never had before. Plus, now that I live in suburbia, having a warning when somebody's about to walk out from behind the bush at the end of my driveway will be good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just ordered xlt hybrid but looking into adding the co pilot 360 which includes full size spare for hybrid...is the co pilot a good add...will watch some videos today
Nope, ordered an XLT so I wouldn't have to get the copilot360 with the Luxury Package which was tied to the Lariat Luxury Package. Didn't like it on a rental car I had this summer. Used to drive intercity deliveries in box trucks so have learned how to drive using mirrors and looking a mile front and rear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts