• Rapid Red

Votes: 4 4.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color did you pick for your Maverick? Thank You for your vote. Have fun. I finally wimped out and choose Oxford White my, Ford favorite.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Area 51 for me. I was really torn since I like having "unique" colors and seeing as how Area 51 is used in a lot of promos and their website I feel it'll be pretty common on the roads. I originally wanted Cyber Orange, but some pictures look great, and others look blah. Cactus Gray looks great, but that matte/clay type of gray is so common now in all sorts of cars that I'm getting tired of it. Hot Pepper Red has me a little intrigued, but I dunno if its worth the extra cost. All in all, Area 51 looks best to me and isn't so crazy that I'm sure resale value is good.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello all. It looks like Cactus Gray is leading the way with Area 51 in second and Velocity Blue in third. Hope more of you vote. Thanx.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I chose Cactus gray. But Velocity blue is moving up fast in this pole. The color was my biggest chose for the truck, and the 3 leading colors were mainly my choses.

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
122 Posts
Still haven't decided on my choice of color. Oddly, it's been my toughest decision. I keep going back and forth between velocity blue and iconic silver, but I've dabbled with others like cactus grey, carbonized grey, chili pepper red, and cyber orange, too.
With the interior being primarily a blue/grey, I have had a hard time opting for colors which in my mind don't really go with it. Also, being that we intend to move south in the next couple years, having a darker color doesn't seem appealing too.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still haven't decided on my choice of color. Oddly, it's been my toughest decision. I keep going back and forth between velocity blue and iconic silver, but I've dabbled with others like cactus grey, carbonized grey, chili pepper red, and cyber orange, too.
With the interior being primarily a blue/grey, I have had a hard time opting for colors which in my mind don't really go with it. Also, being that we intend to move south in the next couple years, having a darker color doesn't seem appealing too.
WNYE, I really love the Alto Blue...but it is out of the question here in SW Florida. Also the interior of the Maverick poses questions, at least for my about clashing with that blue-ish interior. So I played it safe a choose Oxford White. It's a tuff decision. Good Luck! Please vote when you do!!! Thanx

·
Registered
122 Posts
WNYE, I really love the Alto Blue...but it is out of the question here in SW Florida. Also the interior of the Maverick poses questions, at least for my about clashing with that blue-ish interior. So I played it safe a choose Oxford White. It's a tuff decision. Good Luck! Please vote when you do!!! Thanx
Looking at moving to central FL in a year or two, so darker colors are questionable. I drive a black truck now, and despite the heat(80-90s) and humidity we have here during the summer, I seldom use the A/C; but I assume it would be different if I lived down there. Though my nephew who lives in Orlando hasn't fixed his as he says it's not worth the $100 when his commute is only 15 minutes.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking at moving to central FL in a year or two, so darker colors are questionable. I drive a black truck now, and despite the heat(80-90s) and humidity we have here during the summer, I seldom use the A/C; but I assume it would be different if I lived down there. Though my nephew who lives in Orlando hasn't fixed his as he says it's not worth the $100 when his commute is only 15 minutes.
How does your Nephew like Orlando. Most young people love it. I hate it. It's way to big. It's getting big here. I cannot believe the housing prices here, now. My vendors tell me it is so hot here...lol Most my vendors are from Sarasota County. I guess it's cooler there. I just know here in the summer it's killer. I had to quit working in my yard today, just got to hot for me. I'm 63, soon to be 64. I lived in California, 5 years in the central valley where it would get 110' in the summer. Dry heat is way easier to live with. My a/c hardly ever shuts off now, until Halloween does get cooler. Well again please vote when you choose your color and reserve your Maverick. I hope I can get mine before 2022. 😃

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am south of Tampa in Gibtown. I really like the Carbonized Gray and saw a Ranger with it today but I won't with the heat here. I went Velocity Blue because the color really makes my kid happy and it was between that and Iconic Silver.

I lived in Orlando right across from campus when I was at UCF. There is a noticeable difference between there and Tampa because of the breeze off the coast, but I preferred Orlando to Bloomington when I went to IU over a summer. I thought I was going to die.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am south of Tampa in Gibtown. I really like the Carbonized Gray and saw a Ranger with it today but I won't with the heat here. I went Velocity Blue because the color really makes my kid happy and it was between that and Iconic Silver.

I lived in Orlando right across from campus when I was at UCF. There is a noticeable difference between there and Tampa because of the breeze off the coast, but I preferred Orlando to Bloomington when I went to IU over a summer. I thought I was going to die.
I believe the heat index here In FT. Myers today was 110. It was 108 yesterday. I didn't work in the yard today. Took a breather. I get to go back to work tomorrow,YEAY!!!!!! NOT!!!!! Velocity Blue is really a nice color. The only color that I DON'Y like is Black. I owned a black car ONCE! Never again, ever.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How does your Nephew like Orlando. Most young people love it. I hate it. It's way to big. It's getting big here. I cannot believe the housing prices here, now. My vendors tell me it is so hot here...lol Most my vendors are from Sarasota County. I guess it's cooler there. I just know here in the summer it's killer. I had to quit working in my yard today, just got to hot for me. I'm 63, soon to be 64. I lived in California, 5 years in the central valley where it would get 110' in the summer. Dry heat is way easier to live with. My a/c hardly ever shuts off now, until Halloween does get cooler. Well again please vote when you choose your color and reserve your Maverick. I hope I can get mine before 2022. 😃
I asked my nephew how long it took him to adjust to the heat. He responded; "Oh, you never adjust to it, it's nearly 365 days of Hell, with a few weeks of tolerable thrown in, then back to pure Hell."
Regardless, I think we're determined to put up with it and the bugs, critters, reptiles.... As much as I don't mind stepping outside on a below zero morning to take the dogs out for their daily duties, I think I'd rather have pleasant hot tub weather; even if it means the possibility of a couple severe storms a year. ...snow has never left our belongings scatter over the neighboring communities, but I've never heard of anyone getting frost bite or being in need of a snowblower or snow tires in FL.

I don't think I'll be homesick though, I see Total Wines carries a good deal of "local" Western NY products in store.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Initially ordered Oxford White, but after reviewing videos and then seeing the Cactus Gray for myself at the dealership on a Cactus Gray Ranger. I changed my order to Cactus Gray.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello! First time posting here. Coincidentally, the Maverick will also be both my first truck and my first Ford - emphasis on "my". :cool: (My DH had a much loved '97 Ford Ranger when we met - plus several Ford cars & trucks before that - but this will be the first truck that's exclusively mine.)

Anyhow, I chose the Alto Blue color! It's strange, because I used to absolutely hate blue cars. Honestly, my initial instinct was to automatically pick whatever dark grey color that was on offer, which in this case was Carbonized Grey.

However, two things gave me pause: 1.) My last 3 cars have been dark grey, and, 2.) For some reason, the two darker paint colors (ie: Carbonized Grey & Shadow Black) looked sort of flat and uninteresting on the Maverick.
I typically like dark grey or black cars because I like how sleek they usually look. (I still think murdered out Dodge Challengers look like mini Batmobiles, lol.)

However, when it comes to the Maverick the dark grey and black colors just don't do it for me. IMO, there's not enough depth to the colors when I looked at them on the truck, and because they're both so dark they don't seem to benefit from the kind of light refraction that makes the lighter flat paint colors, like Area 51, Cactus Grey, and even Oxford White, more interesting to look at.

I kept going back to the Alto Blue color, because it's so dark that it almost comes across like a deep black with a dark blue, metallic undertone or sheen. Kind of like when something is so black it's almost blue? 🤷‍♀️ Lol... I'm sure this is waaay more info than anyone was looking for. 🙃

1 - 15 of 15 Posts