Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd toss this scenario out there for anyone considering. I'm currently leasing a 2019 Chevy Colorado WT (Work Truck) with the "Custom Special Edition" package, which is mostly an appearance package. Think of it like the Maverick XL, but coming with better non-steelie wheels, color-matched bumpers, mirrors, etc.

Overall I have a good mix of vehicle use that touches upon a little of every area. I own an IT sub-contracting business, so I somewhat fit into the "fleet/commercial users" category, where I'm transporting myself and tools/equipment, and sometimes ladders to and from customer businesses. I installed a bed cap with Thule roof rack bars for the ladders, so I would be looking to eventually do a similar setup on the Maverick. I also have two kids in car seats, so I'll be looking to stuff those in the back and see how the cloth holds up, along with getting the car seats in and out. I also have a Harley Sportster and a house, which means my 4x7 utility trailer is occasionally towing the bike or getting filled with drywall, bags of mulch, etc., so I'm doing some light towing as well.

That being said, I pre-ordered an XLT with the EcoBoost and AWD. I added the lux package because what you get for the money is a bit of a no-brainer. I did NOT go with the 4K tow package as I'm almost always under 2K when towing, and I didn't want the different gear ratio. My sales guy is pretty laid back, so once they get a Mav in stock, I'm looking to park my Colorado next to it, put a car seat in the back, show the height/length comparison, and then my overall impressions being a current Colorado owner. Unless of course my order comes in before that.

If anyone has any questions for me that I didn't cover, just let me know!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for putting this together @TonyPickles! Welcome to the forum! What convinced you that the Maverick was a better option than your Colorado? Did it come down to price or are the any specs/features that make the Maverick more appealing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for putting this together @TonyPickles! Welcome to the forum! What convinced you that the Maverick was a better option than your Colorado? Did it come down to price or are the any specs/features that make the Maverick more appealing?
I actually started with a Silverado 1500 lease back in 2016. That's around when I started my IT consulting business, so the Colorado was appealing due to the better fuel economy, bigger cab, and smaller size. With the size, the Colorado was easier to park on the streets/lots when I had to go to customers in the city. It was also easier to load and unload my rolling toolboxes or just simply pull my backpack out of my doors without hitting the vehicle next to me.

And I considered the Maverick due to pricing, fuel economy, and features. With pricing, I currently pay $380/mo. for my Colorado lease and that's with the base work truck (WT) trim. Real-world fuel economy on my Colorado is about 14 city 24 highway, so seeing people reporting over 36mpg highway will help with monthly fuel expenses. For features, I'll be going from halogen headlights to LED on the Maverick, and every item on the lux package are things that I don't currently have on my Colorado. I also wanted 4WD or AWD, because there's a few steep streets and driveways that lead to some of my customers so the FWD hybrid wouldn't be a good choice. One customer is actually on a farm, and when I set up their building-to-building WiFi I had to drive across a snowy field/backroads last winter, so definitely not trying to get stuck onsite somewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Doing the same , right down to the 2019 Colorado, also have a 1998 ranger that I think Is the perfect size truck, the maverick size , and what I could get for specs for the price , ordered a lariat lux fx4 10/18 build week 😬

1 - 4 of 4 Posts