Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a reservation on the 06/20, the local dealer was quick to call me and ask me about additional options. I’ve expressed great interest in this truck and told the salesman I’m pretty much sold, just want to drive one in person and see it in person. They’ve stated that’s no problem went forward with my reservation I changed some options and he said the build was sent, fast forward to today. I still don’t have an order confirmation. Is this due to scheduling hasn’t begun yet? Should I call back and say I want it ordered ASAP?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I did a reservation on the 06/20, the local dealer was quick to call me and ask me about additional options. I’ve expressed great interest in this truck and told the salesman I’m pretty much sold, just want to drive one in person and see it in person. They’ve stated that’s no problem went forward with my reservation I changed some options and he said the build was sent, fast forward to today. I still don’t have an order confirmation. Is this due to scheduling hasn’t begun yet? Should I call back and say I want it ordered ASAP?
Sounds to me like they've filled everything out and the order is ready to send, but since you've indicated you want to test drives one first, they have not actually placed an order. Keep in mind, the "reservation" with refundable $500 down is different from the actual order process from the dealer. You reserved a spot in line so to speak, but have not yet converted that to an order.

My local dealer is small. They required a non-refundable $1000 down payment to order the exact truck I wanted, which we did. This makes sense for this market since it is small, and little things make a big difference on the sale-ability of the truck. They don't want to get stuck sitting on a custom order they can't sell if I back out. What your dealer will require to complete the order may be different. I would check with them and simply ask what the status is and what is required to convert your reservation to an actual order.

·
Registered
180 Posts
They may have simply entered your e-mail address wrong or the salesperson put their e-mail down which seems to be common. If you're in doubt contact them and ask for a copy of the build order.

·
Registered
2 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts