Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the hybrid June 28, and very few add ons. Then I see people posting their order dates and having their truck going into production. Which is well after my order date. How can that be? Same model and color ect....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ordered the hybrid June 28, and very few add ons. Then I see people posting their order dates and having their truck going into production. Which is well after my order date. How can that be? Same model and color ect....
Did you talk to the dealer, give them a deposit, and did they tell you that you have a confirmed, clean order? If so, then I don't know what the issues could be... unless you ordered the Lux package. Many here have said the Lux is a delay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a confirmation same day. Did a small deposit. Have been back to check on order nothing showing up yet. When I placed the order I was within the first 30, 000. I know Ford has had a slow start up. Not a big deal. It's just reading of others after my order getting theirs into production. Just a small rant from me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got a confirmation same day. Did a small deposit. Have been back to check on order nothing showing up yet. When I placed the order I was within the first 30, 000. I know Ford has had a slow start up. Not a big deal. It's just reading of others after my order getting theirs into production. Just a small rant from me.
Doesn't sound right, unless there is just something in your build that they can't get. I ordered after you and have a build date (currently 8 Nov, but it has slipped once). XLT hybrid, hitch, Co-pilot, floor liners. No bed liner, No tonneau cover, No Lux package.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Other things are involved beyond the date of your order. Your dealer allocations (some dealers may only get 2 or 3 a month, others 20 or more), what part of the country it's going to for most efficient shipping out by rail, and more. It's a complex process that really no one outside of Ford understands all the details.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's not a strict first-come-first-served system. They first pick how many builds each dealer will get, then they look over that dealer's orders and pick out the ones that match what they are ready to build. They prioritize early orders, but there is some randomness to it.

I'm a June hybrid order and got my scheduling email this morning. I'm pretty sure mine is the first order scheduled from my small-town dealer. I know I was one of their first orders, so when they got an allocation I was first in line. If I had options on my order that would slow it down (bed liners, covers, etc.) then I'm sure they would have passed over me and pulled a different order for my dealer.

So it's really about dealers competing for allocation slots, and then you are competing with other orders from your dealer to grab the slots they were allocation. Comparing against other people from other regions and dealers seems like a reasonable thing to do, but it isn't how Ford's scheduling system works.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou, I've ordered from a small town dealer in SW FL. I added on the alto blue paint and a moon roof that's it. XLT hybrid, I'm still waiting, I'm very patient. Your comments help. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I apologize if you already know this info, but maybe someone out there doesn't. Not sure if you follow Long McArthur's youtube channel but there have been weekly streams with updates on this very topic. You can watch the videos if you want, but if I remember correctly to sum it up for you.

In General:
  • Ford is building 3x or 4x more Ecoboost engines versus hybrids. Even though the hybrid is built in-house, there been supply issues with hybrids and more people ordered the Ecoboost engine.
  • Ford had to wait for the official MPG numbers to come out in, which only took place today.
  • As someone else mentioned above, allocations matter. Ford doesn't distribute vehicles equally to all parts of the country. I'm out here in the West Coast (southern CA) and I haven't seen a Maverick in person. Not one dealer knows when they're getting one in my area.

But for your specific order:
- Tim mentions this on his videos, but you should check with your dealer to see if there are things you ordered that delayed your build date. Things like spray-in liners, bed covers, bed extenders and moon roofs all got placed on delay by Ford because they are trying to do as many simple orders as possible first. I recommend seeing if you can take things off your order and make it as simple as possible (meaning you only order the Maverick with the necessary things that can only be done at the Ford plant) and maybe add things later to it once you get your truck if you are truly looking for a quicker build date.

I myself ordered the XLT hybrid with the rear opening window, the moon roof and the spray in liner, so I am willing to wait a few more weeks for Ford to build my truck the way I want to and I'm probably going to add other things at the dealership or with after market products once I get my truck delivered.

Hope this helps, we're all in the same boat just waiting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you that's very helpful. I have been watching the YouTube videos, also. Just a few moments ago I got a general message from Ford, thanking me for my order and that they are working thru the long order list, and are giving us a free present of a divider for under the seat storage, phone cord organizer and cup holders in the back. I was told to keep in touch with the ford dealer where I placed my order. This was really good news. At least they have my email address.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts