Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Chevy HHR on the highway today and thought to myself that might look pretty good as a truck . What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
HHR has been out of production for some time.
Yeh , but so has the Maverick as a car . And if Chevy put a hybrid in the HHR and then up dates it as a truck , I think it would work .
Chevy has to come up with something in the next 2 or 3 years .
And if Chevy’s Vehicle Development Team did use the old HHR’s body they could save a lot of development time and money to produce a competitive $20,000 truck .

·
Registered
75 Posts
Idk about that one. The HHR, at least where I'm from, has a pretty bad connotation for being the "cheap" "broken down" "welfare" car. It wouldn't sell well here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Idk about that one. The HHR, at least where I'm from, has a pretty bad connotation for being the "cheap" "broken down" "welfare" car. It wouldn't sell well here.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I know what you mean , but that’s the feeling I get from the Maverick. It just doesn’t look like Ford put their heart into the truck at all .

·
Registered
97 Posts
If Chevy is smart, they'll build something from the ground up. The way to beat the Maverick is to make it more capable and more basic for the same money. Make it crew cab only unibody with a 5 foot bed and make it look like a 90s S10. Make AWD and 4k towing standard on all models, whether hybrid or not. And then shave down price on the base trim by making it very basic and including a lot of basic stuff standard, rather than options. Bench seats front and rear. Vinyl floors. Vinyl seats (cloth optional). Manual windows. Manual door locks. AM/FM radio. Skip the infotainment system. Find another way to add a screen for the backup camera. Give all of them mud guards and spray in bedliner. Sure, it adds a little cost, but streamlining assembly should help with that. If they can offer it with an optional manual transmission, that would be a bonus. But for the base trim level, the only options should be color, vinyl or cloth seats, and cruise control. Then for the next trim level, power door locks, power windows, cruise control, and infotainment system should be standard. The only options should be color, vinyl or cloth seats, wheel choice, keyless entry, push to start, and moonroof. Anything more can be on higher trim levels.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Oof, the SSR, they were marketed as an affordable old timey vehicle but then took 4 years longer to produce and came in at $42k. The old man waited and waited and then was quite disappointed lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If Chevy is smart, they'll build something from the ground up. The way to beat the Maverick is to make it more capable and more basic for the same money. Make it crew cab only unibody with a 5 foot bed and make it look like a 90s S10. Make AWD and 4k towing standard on all models, whether hybrid or not. And then shave down price on the base trim by making it very basic and including a lot of basic stuff standard, rather than options. Bench seats front and rear. Vinyl floors. Vinyl seats (cloth optional). Manual windows. Manual door locks. AM/FM radio. Skip the infotainment system. Find another way to add a screen for the backup camera. Give all of them mud guards and spray in bedliner. Sure, it adds a little cost, but streamlining assembly should help with that. If they can offer it with an optional manual transmission, that would be a bonus. But for the base trim level, the only options should be color, vinyl or cloth seats, and cruise control. Then for the next trim level, power door locks, power windows, cruise control, and infotainment system should be standard. The only options should be color, vinyl or cloth seats, wheel choice, keyless entry, push to start, and moonroof. Anything more can be on higher trim levels.
Wasn't it great when that stuff made a car cheaper, instead of more costly to engineer and produce?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
Yeh , but so has the Maverick as a car . And if Chevy put a hybrid in the HHR and then up dates it as a truck , I think it would work .
Chevy has to come up with something in the next 2 or 3 years .
And if Chevy’s Vehicle Development Team did use the old HHR’s body they could save a lot of development time and money to produce a competitive $20,000 truck .

View attachment 1317 View attachment 1317
l believe the SSR had some bad transmission issues that killed it . But it was a nice Hot Rod truck for its short life .
We should all hope or Mavericks age this well…
View attachment 1324
These vehicles had all manner of issues. it wasn't until it's last year theat GM finally got most of them straight. Advice >>>>it's a DON'T BUY!

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
If Chevrolet/GMC offered up something to compete with Maverick it would likely be based off the same D2XX platform architecture that underpins the Chevrolet Equinox/GMC Terrain.
Hey man.....Thanks for your dealership review on the Maverick. Glad you said the Lariat interior wasn't to bad. It's the one I ordered. Can't wait for you to have a "Test Driven" Maverick, off-road. Hope you can load the bed up with payload, too, to see how it preforms. Happy trails.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey man.....Thanks for your dealership review on the Maverick. Glad you said the Lariat interior wasn't to bad. It's the one I ordered. Can't wait for you to have a "Test Driven" Maverick, off-road. Hope you can load the bed up with payload, too, to see how it preforms. Happy trails.
I like it also . And the best part was showing us the head room it has. If you do another please show us what it’s like to get in and out of the drivers side door . Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts