Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, yesterday (May 3rd), I was run off the road into a tree.

Safe to say that it's a safe vehicle. Hit at approximately 50mph. Airbags deployed. I walked away with some whiplash and some chest bruising from the seat belt. Chest, neck, head x-rays and CT scans confirm.

It remains to be seen if I'm getting in line for a '23 or if they can fix mine.

Hybrid lariat lux with moon roof and weather mats.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

I will share more photos when I have them, and more details once insurance decides to pursue the other person. Unfortunately, due to the circumstances, this was a single car collision, even though the vehicle that pulled in front of me is entirely at fault.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
2 Posts
Awwwww, you're poor baby! I'm so glad you're ok, and to see that the truck protects well. It has been a concern of mine driving around with my daughter, but I am happy to see how well it does. Thank you for posting the pictures...and again, glad you're ok.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If they say it can’t be repaired be sure to ask for full replacement value. They should give you what they sell for currently with the dealer mark ups. This is negotiable so work them higher if it isn’t fair.

·
Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
210 Posts
Well, yesterday (May 3rd), I was run off the road into a tree.

Safe to say that it's a safe vehicle. Hit at approximately 50mph. Airbags deployed. I walked away with some whiplash and some chest bruising from the seat belt. Chest, neck, head x-rays and CT scans confirm.

It remains to be seen if I'm getting in line for a '23 or if they can fix mine.

Hybrid lariat lux with moon roof and weather mats. View attachment 3823

I will share more photos when I have them, and more details once insurance decides to pursue the other person. Unfortunately, due to the circumstances, this was a single car collision, even though the vehicle that pulled in front of me is entirely at fault.
Glad you are well, but did other vehicle actually touch your vehicle? If not, guy was not at fault. You overreacted. I've seen it all the time; I was once in an 18 wheeler that jackknifed on a wet road with empty trailer because driver with decades of experience overreacted to a car in front. I know for a fact I could have come to a normal safe stop had I been at the wheel, even with my limited experience at the time.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Here why it will be totaled
Body damage $4300 bucks .
Replacing all the sensors and airbags $6500 bucks .
Down time waiting for parts 12 to 18 months , so sitting at the shop at $25 dollars a day for 365 days is $9125 bucks .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here why it will be totaled
Body damage $4300 bucks .
Replacing all the sensors and airbags $6500 bucks .
Down time waiting for parts 12 to 18 months , so sitting at the shop at $25 dollars a day for 365 days is $9125 bucks .
If it cost less to fix than the value after fixing, they’ll send you a check in that amount minus your deductible. Would be foolish for insurance company or YOU to total.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Vision care Gesture Art Eyewear Beard

Thanks to the market (cough, dealers), it's valued over $40K. So, insurance is willing to repair it.

Total Estimate: $27,298.34
Parts: $16,608.17
Labor: $7339.50
Misc: $3350.67

The real question is how many of these parts are available in Fords parts bin, and how long I'm going to be waiting for those that are backordered...

·
Registered
210 Posts
View attachment 3874

Thanks to the market (cough, dealers), it's valued over $40K. So, insurance is willing to repair it.

The real question is how many of these parts are available in Fords parts bin, and how long I'm going to be waiting for those that are backordered...
Probably as long as ordering one!

·
Registered
246 Posts
View attachment 3874

ehh, I think they made the wrong call. I would have cut a check and totaled it. Those numbers don’t include downtime, frustration, or missed repair parts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts