Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a bunch of different sizes of equipment cases and the largest/longest case I have just fits in the Maverick. The Cruz bed is just a few inches to short in my book. I mean, maybe I could squeeze some of my gear in their on the diagonal. I don't really want to roll with the tailgate partially down for long distances. The cruz bed is just a little too small. I do like the Trunk in the Bed thing in the Cruz though - that is a cool feature.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maverick is the one for me! In Canada from what I read that we will only get the bigger engine one with AWD, priced at 'over' 40G Canadian, I will never buy that one, besides the Maverick is what I consider a real truck appearance wise, that's my way of thinking.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Whats going to be hard is if both the trucks I want come in at the same basic cost $27,000 Making a decision between the two will be hard... I like both exteriors... one is a Truck and one is a SUV (looks) ...But the interior is where the Cruz takes the lead....and then you get to warranty..etc.., and MPG. I just saw a 2022 Tucson SE AWD for $27400 I ordered a Cruz SEL FWD so maybe it will come in at $27000 or less delivered? This will be tough and honestly the first on the Lot and I like it...It will be up to the dealer to make it happen, giving me what I want on my trade in etc..,

Anyone having a both trucks in mind ?
Go to ford.com and build a Maverick XLT. You can add both the XLT Luxury Package AND Ford Co-Pilot 360, and the total is only $27,000, the starting price of the Santa Cruz!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Go to ford.com and build a Maverick XLT. You can add both the XLT Luxury Package AND Ford Co-Pilot 360, and the total is only $27,000, the starting price of the Santa Cruz!
I actually put together a basic Lariat..Hybrid with Mooroof and spray in bed in Hot Pepper Red $28665 Thats a Leather seated truck for that price Wow

Reactions: Yeoldminer

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Pleather seated truck. :)
Not leather?

WOW...I thought they were Leather...but I see they aren't bragging about Leather.... Well I'm off the Lariat list... Sticking with the XLT W/Luxury Pkg.

Reactions: Yeoldminer

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
ActiveX is a vinyl-based imitation leather.
Yea....Forget that... Not worth it to me.. I'll Lux out a XLT Hybrid w/moonroof and tri-cover for $28110 In Hot Pepper Red

Reactions: Supersonic

·
Registered
2 Posts
Even though the interior of the Santa Cruz looks more modern and luxurious, the starting price point of the Maverick with a hybrid engine is better value overall. Add the FlexBed feature, that allows you to carry 4'x8' sheets of plywood and you got yourself a functional truck for a darn good entry price.
The SC will fit plywood the same way the Mav does.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here with the commute, and the lane assist would have been great, but can't justify paying that much more for that convenience option. Truly wish it were an add-on item, but I know I'm dreaming right now lol
Lane assist in Ford is garbage. It literally drifts out of lane and then bounces you back In like a pinball. Have it in my Escape and will never turn it back on. I thought or figured they were all like this until I drove ones from other manufacturers, which don't act like that at all bit actually keep you centered in lane. Still something I don't need, but the Fords is terrible. Read on forums other people felt the same way so don't think it's an issue with mine but just a bad design compared to others as t this point.

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
310 Posts
I have a Santa Cruz reserved, haven't hear from the dealer here on ordering. But>>>> the Santa Cruz is way more expensive than the Maverick. I have also read the Santa Cruz has some initial electronic issues. Those electronic gadgets are fine and dandy that the Cruz has. But the one thing I don't like about my Challenger is that HUGE center screen! It is just to bright. When I dim the the dash lights to where i like the TV screen in the middle, the speedo and other gauges are to dim. Maybe not a problem with the Cruz....but that (TV) actually gives me a headache while driving. BUT < I love my NAV! A great feature! For sure. The Cruz I want is 40K. I will not pay that for it.The Maverick I want is 34K. The Big Bronco I reserved back in 2020 was 42K...The SC to pricey. But the SC is a NICE looking vehichle! I have seen 3 of them now. Two at night and they ARE COOL looking. i don't care what others say.... at NIGHT, the Santa Cruz is a stand out!!! It's like back in the day, Chevelle or Monte Carlo, Torino or Thunderbird, or Coronet or Cordova. Looks won in the seventies. We will see..... I actually want both the maverk and the Hyundai Cruz to be very popular! Just the Cruz is to much money for me. But loaded with STYLE!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lane assist in Ford is garbage. It literally drifts out of lane and then bounces you back In like a pinball. Have it in my Escape and will never turn it back on. I thought or figured they were all like this until I drove ones from other manufacturers, which don't act like that at all bit actually keep you centered in lane. Still something I don't need, but the Fords is terrible. Read on forums other people felt the same way so don't think it's an issue with mine but just a bad design compared to others as t this point.
Ive got it on my 2020 explorer works great for me

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yea....Forget that... Not worth it to me.. I'll Lux out a XLT Hybrid w/moonroof and tri-cover for $28110 In Hot Pepper Red
My wife got involved....I’m now a happily married Lariat guy 🤣 with imitation leather

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wife got involved....I’m now a happily married Lariat guy 🤣 with imitation leather
Wife got to choose the color and I decided I'd go all out if buying a new vehicle. Cyber orange lariat luxury, fx4 and 4k tow. Can't wait to test drive. Colors growing on me though looks really nice with the black rims

·
Registered
78 Posts
I decided to take a test drive of the SC today. Very smooth drive and I loved the traditional upscale interior with a normal trans shifter. Fit and finish was excellent I checked off all the items I require in a vehicle and all were standard equipment except floor mats. The plus was awd for the same price as a 30K fwd Lariat Hybrid.

The give up was 40 mile to a gallon and bottle opener on tailgate, but I did gain storage under the bed and a integrated tonneau cover. And for those that think holding holding 4x8 sheets of plywood is exclusive to the Maverick, not true. Just takes a little thought from the carpenter buying the plywood to figure out how to accomplish the feat.

So bottom line, I'm retired and only drive approximately 8K a year so gas cost is not a issue for me. I do like the ride and all the standard safety features. I ordered the SC and it will be here in three weeks and I feel good that some of my money is going into the salaries of American Workers.

I wish all of you good luck with your purchase and pray Ford will eventually get their act together and give you the Maverick you deserve.

GOOD LUCK and ENJOY YOUR MAVERICK !!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I decided to take a test drive of the SC today. Very smooth drive and I loved the traditional upscale interior with a normal trans shifter. Fit and finish was excellent I checked off all the items I require in a vehicle and all were standard equipment except floor mats. The plus was awd for the same price as a 30K fwd Lariat Hybrid.

The give up was 40 mile to a gallon and bottle opener on tailgate, but I did gain storage under the bed and a integrated tonneau cover. And for those that think holding holding 4x8 sheets of plywood is exclusive to the Maverick, not true. Just takes a little thought from the carpenter buying the plywood to figure out how to accomplish the feat.

So bottom line, I'm retired and only drive approximately 8K a year so gas cost is not a issue for me. I do like the ride and all the standard safety features. I ordered the SC and it will be here in three weeks and I feel good that some of my money is going into the salaries of American Workers.

I wish all of you good luck with your purchase and pray Ford will eventually get their act together and give you the Maverick you deserve.

Well I have just got finished reading about a Couple who just purchased a Santa Cruz and departed on a trip. They had 330 miles on the speedo, and the SC broke down. They were are a trip and HYUNDAI treated them like GM treats their customers. If you would like to read their experience its on Santa Cruz Forums, which I'm a member. I have been a member for a while now. I didn't know which vehicle I wanted. I'm also on the Bronco forum too. I love the look of the Santa Cruz...but I hestitant on buying such an ELECTRONIC nightmare car-truck. The Maverick actually has much for me.I would love a plain dash without all the unneccessary electro-splash.... YOU DON'T need it.... I don't like that big ash screen blinding me at night in my 2018 Challenger. I have navigation too. It's just way to much. I priced a SC I wanted to be comp to a Maverick both AWD. TOP engine choices and top Lux. The SV was WAY higher MSRP! The Maverick I ordered was 34,200 K The SC was 42K! What did I do wrong to get such dif, prices?

·
Registered
310 Posts
My Challenger was made in Canada. I don't care where my vehicle was made, as long as it is a good one, and NOT made in CHINA! North American content is fine with me. The Nissan Altima has(had) the highest amount of AMERICAN content in it. But I don't want Nissan Altima. Honda Accord is next.... so on and so forth. Most ALL pc chips are made in Taiwan. You better tell the President to get his ash in gear and start deploying the Navy to that island! BECAUSE China wants it.....because of that CHIP FACTOR! Everybody tell your elected officials to START MAKING CHIPS HERE! ASAP! NOW!

·
Registered
310 Posts
As I have said before..... I sincerely hope FORD doesn't make any more FORD FOCUS'S with the Maverick or Bronco Sport. Don't think Ford can take anymore BAD vehicles. GM is going to die.....the Stingray is junk, now..... Shame. I'm a Mopar fan.....but they are barely hanging on, and they have increased prices horrifically this year. They will soon go away. It's bad the American Auto industry>>>KILLED it's self.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts