Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rattle noise on the drivers side of the dash. I have isolated it to the windshield vent piece that is inserted into the dash. The noise starts when I’m either going up or down a hill. When it is happening I reach and put my fingers down the vent and pull back and it stops.
Had it to the dealer twice. Showed them the area of the noise. They installed 2 sided tape where the vent meets the dash. As soon as I drove out of the dealership ( up a small incline) it started again. So back to the dealer next week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a rattle noise on the drivers side of the dash. I have isolated it to the windshield vent piece that is inserted into the dash. The noise starts when I’m either going up or down a hill. When it is happening I reach and put my fingers down the vent and pull back and it stops.
Had it to the dealer twice. Showed them the area of the noise. They installed 2 sided tape where the vent meets the dash. As soon as I drove out of the dealership ( up a small incline) it started again. So back to the dealer next week.
I have the exact same rattle. If I stick my hand in the windshield vent and hold the vent in place, rattle goes away. Planning to point this out to my dealer when I go for the "oil leak" recall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts