Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
XL cloth seats/ Area 51 paint no options
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked on cars.com and showing 257 Mavericks at dealers. We all know this is BS but how can some of them have a window sticker with a vin#. Well I called Greenway Ford in Orlando and of course they never had. She told me those are for reference what ever that means. Another place on GA said we just sold it 30 mins after it was unloaded.

·
Registered
182 Posts
A lot of dealers' web inventory systems automatically will generate a listing for a vehicle as soon as it has an invoice assigned to them. So it could be built at the factory, somewhere in transit, or a customer order vehicle that's already claimed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
More of a deception by Cars.com not vetting dealers claims on their site. Same can be said for AutoTrader.com - posting vehicles for sale that aren't available.

My dealer didnt appear on either site, but their own site shows 3 "Incoming within 120 days".

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's not deception at all. Window stickers and vins show up on inventory automatically when the car is built and ships. Dealerships are accepting deliveries right now for production that happened in August. They can write them up and sell them before they ever arrive. Nothing deceptive at all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's not deception at all. Window stickers and vins show up on inventory automatically when the car is built and ships. Dealerships are accepting deliveries right now for production that happened in August. They can write them up and sell them before they ever arrive. Nothing deceptive at all.
But the original poster said the salesman said it was sold 30 minutes after it was unloaded. Maybe he misunderstood? Or someone is lying?

·
Registered
XL cloth seats/ Area 51 paint no options
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I’ve read no dealer has or had one at this time but again if I read correctly a Vin is only assigned if it is in the production date so that means dealers will be getting soon?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts