Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, i ordered through a dealer in North Austin and they said they dont add markup but they do add a special package that will be about $2000.

have you guys experienced this?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Seem to be the trend last few years. Paint protection, Fabric protection, tire/rim warranty, maintenance packages, accessory add ons, etc. Anything to suck a few extra $ out of buyer. Just tell them you don't want it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seem to be the trend last few years. Paint protection, Fabric protection, tire/rim warranty, maintenance packages, accessory add ons, etc. Anything to suck a few extra $ out of buyer. Just tell them you don't want it.
Everything old is new again. Everything you mentioned. Has been done before over the years. The only things you left off are VIN etching and undercoating. It’s all been done before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess my concern is at what point do i just walk away, dealers are like Sharks they smell blood and they want to take as much profit as they can.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I guess my concern is at what point do i just walk away, dealers are like Sharks they smell blood and they want to take as much profit as they can.
Did you object when they told you that? If you just recently ordered it, I'd get with them and tell them you don't want their 'package' (unless is includes a $2000 gift card in the glove compartment) , if they are stern about it and won't give then I would tell them to cancel the order and I'd go elsewhere and find some dealer who isn't going to take you for oh about $1700 in profit. You don't want to be thinking about this for the next 5 months and then when it comes in you find out that you're in it for another 2K and whatever else they decide to jack up in the meantime.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Ford dealership here wants 22k for the xl base price which is higher than what it is advertised at 19,600
The price of the base Maverick XL has not changed. It remains $19,995 (plus a $1,495 destination fee). = $21,490, then I'm sure there's some 500 of doc fees or whatever they're tacking on ....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They know we want the truck and have waited this long, so they will get as much as they can.
The fact is there are not that many trucks especially Hybrid that are in this price range and they know it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts