Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just placed an order for a maverick today. Dealer called and said they have been told that there won’t be many builds till next year. This chip shortage has backlogged even more than they thought.
He apparently only has one allocated for the dealership from ford.
Anyone else have any news?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey all. Just placed an order for a maverick today. Dealer called and said they have been told that there won’t be many builds till next year. This chip shortage has backlogged even more than they thought.
With all of the other information that I've seen here and the other forum, that doesn't seem correct at all. This is the list that was posted of late availability items. I have seen zero about chips.

LATE AVAILABILITY – Subject to Change

● 4K Tow Package (53Q) for FWD XL and XLT
● Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (4-piece)(63B)
● Bed Tray Liner (96B)
● Bedliner – Hard Drop-in (96J)
● Bed Divider Kit (DIO)
● Rear Cross Bars(DIO)
● Rapid Red Metallic Tri-Coat (D4)

·
Registered
XLT, FX4, 4K towing in Velocity Blue.
10 Posts
While this could be true, I would assume many more of us would have heard from our dealer reps if this was an issue.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick 2003 Mini Cooper, Sold my 2015 Tundra after ordering Maverick HPR XLT
16 Posts
I don’t know, I can’t imagine the dealer calling me to say “I told you Nov or Dec but now it could be Feb. Just in case you can’t wait and want to cancel your Maverick order. Although LlanaB said the dealer did call and did say that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered the Maverick Lariat Hybrid, Area 51 with sprayed in bed liner on June 15th and just called dealer (8/3/2021) and had the splash guards removed from the order since it appears it could hold up the order. Appreciate the info about delayed items being posted here. Replacing our 2010 white Ford Transit Connect which was in excellent condition and got half what the purchase price was in 2010. Since the Transit Connect served us well decided to try another Ford product.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think that those lucky enough to get orders in 'properly', we should be getting our Mavs. The Dealers probably won't be getting their 'stock' orders though, until the first wave of retail is done, so yes, there's probably a delay, but for their stock orders. Just my guess.

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
With all of the other information that I've seen here and the other forum, that doesn't seem correct at all. This is the list that was posted of late availability items. I have seen zero about chips.

LATE AVAILABILITY – Subject to Change

● 4K Tow Package (53Q) for FWD XL and XLT
● Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (4-piece)(63B)
● Bed Tray Liner (96B)
● Bedliner – Hard Drop-in (96J)
● Bed Divider Kit (DIO)
● Rear Cross Bars(DIO)
● Rapid Red Metallic Tri-Coat (D4)
That is exactly what my Dealership told me....I wanted the drop in bedliner, but the dealership said that would be a big delay, so I opted for the spray-in. Trying to save a few bucks....whatever....LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
He only has one allocation because he didn't verify retail orders or didn't get many

Chapman Horsham got 18 and Granger got 10 in the first month of production.

Maverick was specifically designed to sidestep a lot of chip shortage issues. Your dealer sucks and is telling you random made up things because they don't understand the process

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is exactly what my Dealership told me....I wanted the drop in bedliner, but the dealership said that would be a big delay, so I opted for the spray-in. Trying to save a few bucks....whatever....LOL
LOL! I ordered the XLT Luxury Package, so spray in was a part of it. I remember when I lived in PA that my friends with trucks didn't like the drop in liners. Not sure why though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
LOL! I ordered the XLT Luxury Package, so spray in was a part of it. I remember when I lived in PA that my friends with trucks didn't like the drop in liners. Not sure why though.
It's a combination of the drop in plastic liner rubbing against the painted bed and wearing away the paint as the car goes down the road and water getting trapped under the liner on those freshly exposed steel panels causing rust and just absolutely ruining beds. I would never put a drop in liner in a truck. Spray in liner is great, and if you use a third party like Line-X they give you a lifetime warranty and can do neat things like spray in the wheel wells to quiet road noise some or color match your truck for a nice custom look.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I remember when I reserved 6/13 they said it would be here "FALL" and I said that "fall" goes until almost Christmas.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well I guess that should figure... I'm STILL waiting on my Big Bronco, reserved July 20th 2020!!!!!!! Base with 2.7 eco auto, tow, aux switches, and squatch pack. 41K crickets....... kinda why I reserved, ordered this Maverick 2.0 eco AWD tow, Fx4..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Best I can suggest is be patient. Ford said they would start building in the fall, which just started 2 days ago. Also the plant where they are built, builds Escapes, Bronco Sports and Mach-e's, so they alternate. Also, if you just put in an order, there are a lot of folks ahead of you. The chip thing is very real. The dealer where I work has 2 Ford stores and normally carries around 900 new vehicles between the 2 stores. We currently have about 100 - 120 units. Vehicles take as many as 1500 chips to make a vehicle. You can probably expect your Maverick in approximately 12 weeks, maybe more, maybe less based on they way things have been going. Hang in there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts