Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to change my own oil. Has anyone observed or asked a Ford rep about the ability to access the oil filter? On the Ranger I have heard that one of the front wheel well liners must be partially removed in order to access the oil filter. I hope that this is not true on the Maverick.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the videos shows a cover plate under the engine which must be removed for oil filter filter access. I guess this is good and bad. Good because the engine stays cleaner😊 and bad because it is a little more difficult and time consuming to access.

· Registered
6 Posts
I understand the DIY for the oil changes but.... With the Ford Pass app I got with the truck you get three free safety and maint, checks that include oil changes. I figure let them do the first few before I take over, and also save some $$.

· Registered
477 Posts
I understand the DIY for the oil changes but.... With the Ford Pass app I got with the truck you get three free safety and maint, checks that include oil changes. I figure let them do the first few before I take over, and also save some $$.
Oh definitely. If you have that then you might as well take advantage of it. Have you used one of them yet?

· Registered
1 Posts
I like to change my own oil. Has anyone observed or asked a Ford rep about the ability to access the oil filter? On the Ranger I have heard that one of the front wheel well liners must be partially removed in order to access the oil filter. I hope that this is not true on the Maverick.
Technically, you don't have to change the oil filter every time you change the oil, but it's still a good idea. The oil filter can remove the larger pollutants from the oil in the engine, and replace the oil at the same time to ensure the smooth operation of all parts.Full spectrum CBD oil is a product derived from the hemp plant that may help with a variety of conditions like anxiety, epilepsy, and chronic pain. Research on CBD has found some promising benefits, but more studies on humans are needed to determine whether CBD is an effective and safe treatment. Checking and topping up your engine oil is one of the most important car maintenance tasks. But it's also one of the simplest to do by yourself. In your annual car service, the mechanic will drain the old oil, replace the oil filter and re-fill with new oil. But you can check your oil and top it up yourself in minutes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts