Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day dreaming about MILDLY modding one once I do get it. It'll be 99% cosmetic or ford optional upgrades / ford performance pieces if they bother.
But leaning towards the hybrid I'm guessing getting some sort of mild cat back and intake wouldn't make it sound any better than a damn near noiseless truck. Thoughts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
In addition to that, the hybrid system will likely take over the ICE in quite a few scenarios making your exhaust sound strange when its on/off all the time. I think it is also an Atkinson cycle which means its probably impossible to increase the performance of it. It is entirely designed around using as little fuel as possible. Someone correct me if I am wrong though

·
Registered
35 Posts
In addition to that, the hybrid system will likely take over the ICE in quite a few scenarios making your exhaust sound strange when its on/off all the time. I think it is also an Atkinson cycle which means its probably impossible to increase the performance of it. It is entirely designed around using as little fuel as possible. Someone correct me if I am wrong though
Exactly, it is kind of past the point of the product. Sounds like you should get the ecoboost if you want performance.

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I respectfully disagree. The ford performance exhaust on my fost sounds good.

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
It's a 4 cylinder, it will never sound good. On top of that it is designed to be super efficient. All you will achieve is making it sound ricey.
Day dreaming about MILDLY modding one once I do get it. It'll be 99% cosmetic or ford optional upgrades / ford performance pieces if they bother.
But leaning towards the hybrid I'm guessing getting some sort of mild cat back and intake wouldn't make it sound any better than a damn near noiseless truck. Thoughts?
I don't think much will be available for the hybrid. Just because it's for MPG. Maybe later..... the focus will be the 2.0 turbo

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd be fine with that. I love the body style and lines I feel like it needs a sportier package though

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's a 4 cylinder, it will never sound good. On top of that it is designed to be super efficient. All you will achieve is making it sound ricey.
I've heard cool turbocharged four bangers, never naturally aspirated though. Although now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever heard a Ford turbocharged four that I liked. Buddy was showing me his catback on his Mustang ecoboost and I wasn't impressed. FCA on the other hand seems to have some engineer that actually pays attention to that detail, as there are some pretty cool sounding old SRT4s and Abarths and the like.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've heard cool turbocharged four bangers, never naturally aspirated though. Although now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever heard a Ford turbocharged four that I liked. Buddy was showing me his catback on his Mustang ecoboost and I wasn't impressed. FCA on the other hand seems to have some engineer that actually pays attention to that detail, as there are some pretty cool sounding old SRT4s and Abarths and the like.

·
Registered
2017 Focus ST
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Omg please be real please be real

And if so, fuck the hybrid I'm building this

1 - 12 of 12 Posts