Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been asked to sign a legal document stipulating that you cannot re-sell your vehicle within the first year of ownership with the expressed written permission of the dealership?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Has anyone been asked to sign a legal document stipulating that you cannot re-sell your vehicle within the first year of ownership with the expressed written permission of the dealership?
Not sure where u live and what that is about. The world we live in try to control you. Walk out against the law! These trucks are not all that I just don't understand the whole thing.Its a cheap truck. If ford makes a good profit on a 20.000 vehicle it on
only cost half to build. Don't be a fool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Didn't Chevy do that with the Corvette C8?
Personally I think it's crap. You can't predict your future financial situation. Some people may have no choice but to cut back and get rid of a new vehicle.
Now if Ford promised to pay you to keep it so you can make ends meet...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to my world! Fannie Mae has required buyers to sign and accept Deed with
language you can't sell within 1 year of purchase, but is prorated if say you live there for 6 months.
Dollars back to Fannie Mae if you make money.
Hope this Dealer requirement is hooey!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It seems once you 'buy' something, it is yours to own, to do with whatever you wish... Sell, modify, gift to another?
However, if it's being purchased on a payment plan, possibly the buyer is just a co-owner with the finance company holding the title, therefore owning until paid off and that could be leverage?
These are definitely different times.

·
Registered
2022 Cactus Gray Lariat Lux 360 Hybrid
210 Posts
It seems once you 'buy' something, it is yours to own, to do with whatever you wish... Sell, modify, gift to another?
However, if it's being purchased on a payment plan, possibly the buyer is just a co-owner with the finance company holding the title, therefore owning until paid off and that could be leverage?
These are definitely different times.
Possible, if financing through Ford. However, if financing 3rd party or paying cash in full, there's no way Ford can justify that much control over a customer's ownership rights.

·
Registered
91 Posts
On one hand, I usually keep my vehicles for about 10 years. My Ranger is 11. So this wouldn't affect me.

On the other hand, I don't like being told what I can do with my own property.

Unless this dealer is making you, otherwise, an offer you can't refuse, walk.

There are plenty of good dealers

·
Registered
24 Posts
Apparently Corvette, Ford GT, other less models, Automakers use the no resale clause. Ask John Cena how his lawsuit went for reselling his GT before 2 years...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Apparently Corvette, Ford GT, other less models, Automakers use the no resale clause. Ask John Cena how his lawsuit went for reselling his GT before 2 years...
It is true that some OEM's have instituted a no resale clause in the sale for some high end vehicles in an attempt to limit the sale to persons that really want one and not to resellers (w/huge markups).

The OP said this was the dealer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My dealer said I can't sell my Maverick until 6 month's have passed per my Z plan as retired salary employee
I can't speak to the "Z" plan but I reviewed the "X" plan documents and did not find such a stipulation.
I am not sure how Ford or the dealer could enforce such a clause.

If this is an issue for you, I would recommend you review your z-plan documents. As seen many times in this forum the dealers do not always provide reliable information.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts