Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So someone online commented on how the rear-sliding window looked tinted when they saw it in person.

Isn't tinting done at dealerships and not the factories?

I'm concerned that the Maverick windows will only be dark-colored glass that offers no real light/heat deflection. I can't tint those colored windows any further in AZ legally.

I apologize if this was discussed earlier, I haven't seen it yet on any forum.

I just read online about Ford's so called "Privacy Glass". Does anyone have experience whether that privacy glass is real tint, or just colored glass?

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can add clear ceramic film if you want to further reduce the heat transmission.
That stuff is the real deal ! I've actually had it on my windshields and it totally knocked down not only the heat, but the glare from UV rays ! People always think about what it does on super bright days, but another HUGE thing, is how much glare it reduces on wet roads, on rainy nights. Super beneficial.

Oh, and at least ion Cali, its technically illegal to add any films to a windshield, which is really stupid they wont allow you to make your vehicle safer ? But the thing is, a cop is never going to know you have an aftermarket film on your windshield in the first place, because its pretty much invisible from the outside anyway ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh, and at least ion Cali, its technically illegal to add any films to a windshield, which is really stupid they wont allow you to make your vehicle safer ? But the thing is, a cop is never going to know you have an aftermarket film on your windshield in the first place, because its pretty much invisible from the outside anyway ;)
That film looks awesome. Any method of reducing heat coming into the car is gonna interest me. I work in Walnut where it gets to be 105 degress in summer and I like to eat in my car for lunch.

The tint laws in Cali are kind of dumb to begin with. No aftermarket front window tinting. :rolleyes: Fortunately, most of the time a cop won't pull you over for just a tint. My Impreza has the fronts tinted and while I didn't get the darkest tint, I think I could have gone a little darker and been fine.

I'm definitely getting my windows on the Maverick tinted. Glad that the rear has "privacy glass". Hopefully it does a good job of keep the bright sun from blinding my son in his car seat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts