Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I wanted to feel people out on the bed extender option.

Will this be unnecessary given the “flexbed” functionality?

I thought it would be a good idea to get it so I have 6ft of bed capability if needed, but also can see the bed extender bar eating into the limited bed space.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
As long as it can be easily removed and locked when it's put in I'll buy it, there's been a number of times hauling things that ratchet straps wont easily hold in like bags of garbage, misc donations and hauling things to the dump. The extra space could come in use and that's why I would buy it. Since it can be bought later I'll hold off until I can see it in action then decide.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Sure you can have that for the same price or more than the Ranger. That is the point of the Maverick lower cost. So not happening this year model.
But I want it as a base model for $30,000 with just a nice set of rims . That’s 10 Grand more then this years base but it would be justified.

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
What it really needs is a 6 foot bed . And the V6 2.7 Eco Boost .
Heck, I saw rumor mill on youtube about a 2.3 in the Maverick and them calling it, oh gosh, FORD just got the rights to the name damn. it will be their Tremor for the Maverick, just diff name, if i can remember!!! Shoot.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Heck, I saw rumor mill on youtube about a 2.3 in the Maverick and them calling it, oh gosh, FORD just got the rights to the name damn. it will be their Tremor for the Maverick, just diff name, if i can remember!!! Shoot.
That’s fine for the Maverick that is a base model. But there should be a small V6 available for the guys that want more power !
And the NEW Ranger thats $40,000 plus should most definitely have the 2.7 or the 3.0 EcoBoost V6 in it .

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
I ordered mine with the hopes of my little Honda Rancher fitting in there. If it works, great. If not, what was another $300?
I think I read that the tail gate on the Maverick supports 500lbs. because of that said bed extender.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What it really needs is a 6 foot bed . And the V6 2.7 Eco Boost .

My thinking is the bed extender basically gives it the 6 foot bed if needed as far as carrying stuff! Best of all worlds.

Amazon seemed to sell "universal" bed extenders for less, I want to say like $140. So I might forego actually getting it from ford, even if it probably fits and looks better. I wouldn't see myself using it much.

TBH now I think about it I wouldn't get it, when a specific use case came up I'd be forced to figure out something maybe with creative tie downs. The rest of the time it would just clutter my garage, and I hate garage clutter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
But I want it as a base model for $30,000 with just a nice set of rims . That’s 10 Grand more then this years base but it would be justified.
Isn't that missing the entire point of the Maverick?

Sounds like you may not be the demographic they're attempting to capture. You sound more like a Ranger customer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts