Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A access hole in the lower water deflector so you can easily reach up and change the oil filter . And can I change the oil in the New Maverick with just a single wrench , a oil filter wrench , a oil pan and funnel ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I posted this to give the Ford engineers an idea. Hopefully they will put a simple screw on cover that uses no screws to remove it . Unlike what they been doing for far far to long . Which is making us remove 10 to 15 hex screws and remove the whole plastic cover that’s like 36” by 40” .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I posted this to give the Ford engineers an idea. Hopefully they will put a simple screw on cover that uses no screws to remove it . Unlike what they been doing for far far to long . Which is making us remove 10 to 15 hex screws and remove the whole plastic cover that’s like 36” by 40” .
I agree with you. My 16 focus is like that and it’s a pain in the behind. I have to change my oil every month so it definitely gets annoying.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A access hole in the lower water deflector so you can easily reach up and change the oil filter . And can I change the oil in the New Maverick with just a single wrench , a oil filter wrench , a oil pan and funnel ? View attachment 845
I believe on the maverick. It has the plastic air damn in the front below the bumper. Then the nasty foam board under the engine bay. Typically with a flap for drain plugs and filters.

this is the underside of the Bronco sport.
Foam with a plastic door.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here’s what I would do. Get a 4x6 1/16th steel plate. Remove all the plastic and foam. Cut/bend the steel. Cut and install a door. BOOM. Steel splash plate. (Only $100 and 60lbs or less)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all that is missing is a welcome mat for a rodent. Would get a nice surprise when you started the Maverick after several days camping in the wilderness.
If something wanted to get up into the engine compartment . They will do it. Unless your vehicle is in a close garage .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts