Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've watched some videos of the hard tri-fold tonneau covers for the F-150 and ranger. They all seem to fold 3 times, then can be folded one more time so that it is leaning against the back of the cab. This gives you almost full access to the bed. Can anyone confirm that Ford's tri-fold tonneau cover for the Maverick folds to allow full access to the bed like the one pictured below?

-Thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't know if cross-posting from MaverickTruckClub is allowed here, but if it is:

which would appear to indicate you don't get the entire bed accessible, but that blocked off area looks to be about 4" wide or so if my eyes don't deceive me. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if cross-posting from MaverickTruckClub is allowed here, but if it is:

which would appear to indicate you don't get the entire bed accessible, but that blocked off area looks to be about 4" wide or so if my eyes don't deceive me. Hope this helps!
Thanks, that looks pretty similar to the picture of the cover I posted. I think I will go with the hard tri-fold cover.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks, that looks pretty similar to the picture of the cover I posted. I think I will go with the hard tri-fold cover.
I went with the trifold because anything made of fabric tends to last under 2 years under the desert sun here, and anything exposed tends to last less because people are assholes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with the trifold because anything made of fabric tends to last under 2 years under the desert sun here, and anything exposed tends to last less because people are assholes.
The hard cover would definitely pass the "knife test"! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered the trifold for its security and potential durability in severe conditions and so far, it looks like a quality piece. Any guesses on who manufactures it?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like the idea you only need to flip one up to throw small stuff in the bed you dont want inside the truck... like a refilled propane tank, bag of weed and feed, dog food etc.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was thinking of ordering a stock tonneau, but I’m pretty sure that the aftermarket will be strong and allow me more options at around the same price or maybe cheaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts