Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've been very patient with Ford. Ordered my XLT Hybrid in mid-October of 2021. When I initially bought it, I was told by the Ford dealership it would be 3-4 months. But I patiently understood the chip shortage and all the other excuses for the delays we've all experienced. Eventually, this past September, my 2022 order was converted to a 2023. I remained patient. I was then informed my Maverick was scheduled for production in December. And it was. Hallelujah!!

At that point I was told the "estimated" delivery time would be between Jan. 17-23. And every day since it was produced, I called Ford Marketing just to check on the status of the delivery. Kind of like tracking a Fed Ex package. I was able to follow the rail transport from Mexico, to Illinois, to West Virginia, and then a week ago (Jan. 13th), it was in New Bohemia, VA, which is about 3 hours north of where I live in Wilmington, NC.

And every day that I have called Ford Marketing, they repeated that the Maverick should arrive between Jan. 17-23. And with the truck only 3 hours away on Jan.13th sitting in New Bohemia, I was confident there would be no problem. So much so that I have sold my other car and the new owner is picking it up this Sunday, Jan. 22nd.

No problem, right? When I sold it, I did so knowing that even though Ford Marketing kept telling me that Jan. 23rd was at the tail end of the delivery timeframe, I might not actually get it until later in that week. Hopefully the truck would arrive on the 23rd, but even if it was a few days later, I could live without a car for a few days since mine is now sold.

So, today is Friday, Jan. 20th. I made my daily call to Ford Marketing to check on the status. And I was informed that my Maverick left the New Bohemia, VA rail yard yesterday afternoon and is on its way to Pittsburg, VA WITH AN ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE NOW OF FEBRUARY 13TH.

That's right. The truck was 3 hours away from it's final delivery point back on January 13th, and in spite of daily communications with Ford Marketing that the truck would arrive by January 23, it is now "scheduled" to arrive by February 13. And I have sold my other vehicle, meaning I have no transportation after this Sunday. Now I am looking at having no transportation for a month, and who knows, come Feb. 13th, Ford Marketing might say again "oops, now your truck won't arrive until March 13th".

Bottom line, Ford Marketing can't be trusted. I have been patient throughout this entire 16 month ordeal. And as much as I know I will like my Maverick when it finally arrives, I will never buy another new car from Ford ever again.

· Registered
MY23 CarbGray Hybrid Lariat Lux 360/360A
412 Posts
Okay, I've been very patient with Ford. Ordered my XLT Hybrid in mid-October of 2021. When I initially bought it, I was told by the Ford dealership it would be 3-4 months. But I patiently understood the chip shortage and all the other excuses for the delays we've all experienced. Eventually, this past September, my 2022 order was converted to a 2023. I remained patient. I was then informed my Maverick was scheduled for production in December. And it was. Hallelujah!!

At that point I was told the "estimated" delivery time would be between Jan. 17-23. And every day since it was produced, I called Ford Marketing just to check on the status of the delivery. Kind of like tracking a Fed Ex package. I was able to follow the rail transport from Mexico, to Illinois, to West Virginia, and then a week ago (Jan. 13th), it was in New Bohemia, VA, which is about 3 hours north of where I live in Wilmington, NC.

And every day that I have called Ford Marketing, they repeated that the Maverick should arrive between Jan. 17-23. And with the truck only 3 hours away on Jan.13th sitting in New Bohemia, I was confident there would be no problem. So much so that I have sold my other car and the new owner is picking it up this Sunday, Jan. 22nd.

No problem, right? When I sold it, I did so knowing that even though Ford Marketing kept telling me that Jan. 23rd was at the tail end of the delivery timeframe, I might not actually get it until later in that week. Hopefully the truck would arrive on the 23rd, but even if it was a few days later, I could live without a car for a few days since mine is now sold.

So, today is Friday, Jan. 20th. I made my daily call to Ford Marketing to check on the status. And I was informed that my Maverick left the New Bohemia, VA rail yard yesterday afternoon and is on its way to Pittsburg, VA WITH AN ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE NOW OF FEBRUARY 13TH.

That's right. The truck was 3 hours away from it's final delivery point back on January 13th, and in spite of daily communications with Ford Marketing that the truck would arrive by January 23, it is now "scheduled" to arrive by February 13. And I have sold my other vehicle, meaning I have no transportation after this Sunday. Now I am looking at having no transportation for a month, and who knows, come Feb. 13th, Ford Marketing might say again "oops, now your truck won't arrive until March 13th".

Bottom line, Ford Marketing can't be trusted. I have been patient throughout this entire 16 month ordeal. And as much as I know I will like my Maverick when it finally arrives, I will never buy another new car from Ford ever again.
Or at least never ORDER a new vehicle from Ford again. There's something to be said about only buying vehicles you can see & touch.

Yeah, Ford Marketing told me last week my truck was in Nogales, AZ, just 6 hours away from my house. They told me to expect delivery the first week of February. I was hoping they were just being conservative, but here we are on Jan 20...

Do they do any more work on them prior to getting to the dealer? Why so long to get when they are mere hours away?

· Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid XL
47 Posts
You never know what Ford will say when you call. I was lied to more times than you can count. Both on my ‘22, which I finally got, and on both ‘23’s which my wife and I canceled because of the frustration over the lies and up yours attitude of the Customer Service rep. I love my ‘22, but I would order some other less fuel efficient truck rather than put up with the Ford antics again.

· Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid XL
47 Posts
True, he did…BUT….Ford seems to have a who cares attitude towards buyers. He should have been able to rely on information given by Ford. Mine sat in a storage lot by the train depot for 3 weeks before finally being taken to my dealer only 10 miles away. Serious organization and communication problems

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take some of the responsibility here.

You left yourself without a Plan-B.
I do have a plan B. Very inconvenient, but I do have a plan B. But I trusted the DAILY communications I had with Ford Marketing over the past 4 weeks that my truck would arrive between Jan. 17-23. Daily direct communications with them. And every day the response was "between Jan. 17-23". Now, I could back out of the deal I made with the person who is buying my car. He gave me a deposit and I told him to come with the rest on Jan. 22nd. Unlike Ford Marketing, I will honor my word.

· Registered
412 Posts
I do have a plan B. Very inconvenient, but I do have a plan B. But I trusted the DAILY communications I had with Ford Marketing over the past 4 weeks that my truck would arrive between Jan. 17-23. Daily direct communications with them. And every day the response was "between Jan. 17-23". Now, I could back out of the deal I made with the person who is buying my car. He gave me a deposit and I told him to come with the rest on Jan. 22nd. Unlike Ford Marketing, I will honor my word.
Not to defend Ford, but Marketing doesn't have anything to do with shipping. If shipping doesn't update their screen, marketing can only tell you what it sees. If there's anyone/anything to bitch about, it's the incompetence of shipping and/or their process. Why it takes half a month to move a vehicle 6 hours away to it's final delivery point is beyond my comprehension.

· Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid XL
47 Posts
Not to defend Ford, but Marketing doesn't have anything to do with shipping. If shipping doesn't update their screen, marketing can only tell you what it sees. If there's anyone/anything to bitch about, it's the incompetence of shipping and/or their process. Why it takes half a month to move a vehicle 6 hours away to it's final delivery point is beyond my comprehension.
I think Customer Service gets called Marketing by some people. Customer Service is the one I have trouble with.

· Registered
20 Posts
Short answer-shortage of OTR truck drivers. Plus, they will not move anything until they have a full load.

· Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid XL
47 Posts
I think a lot of people, often like myself, long time Ford owners, are fed up with the dishonesty and utter lack of concern for customers by Ford in recent times. I taught marketing for 12 years, and to lose longtime customers is about the worst thing that can happen to a company. Accordingly, I cancelled both of my ‘23 Maverick orders and will be buying a different brand, even if it is not for a year before they come out. After all, it would be a year before my Mavericks are delivered. Ford lack of communication and up yours attitude of customer service has just left a bad taste. Too bad. I have owned an original Maverick and 5 Mustangs.

· Premium Member
336 Posts
I think a lot of people, often like myself, long time Ford owners, are fed up with the dishonesty and utter lack of concern for customers by Ford in recent times. I taught marketing for 12 years, and to lose longtime customers is about the worst thing that can happen to a company. Accordingly, I cancelled both of my ‘23 Maverick orders and will be buying a different brand, even if it is not for a year before they come out. After all, it would be a year before my Mavericks are delivered. Ford lack of communication and up yours attitude of customer service has just left a bad taste. Too bad. I have owned an original Maverick and 5 Mustangs.
This, this right here.

My experience with Ford, as a corporation, has been terrible. Their frontline customer service reps always promise you'll receive a call back that never comes. They couldn't care less if you're having warranty problems. All they'll do it give you the phone number for another crappy stealership with service just as poor as the last.

Phil Long Ford in Denver/Lakewood are <censored for content>. I'm trying to get my window buttons replaced under warranty and they want to keep the vehicle overnight - without even a commitment or promise to fix it.

· Registered
74 Posts

i feel for you!!

· Registered
1 Posts

If it's any consolation, I ordered mine October 29, 2021. It is now sitting on a rail car in SC. I should have it next week.

· Registered
412 Posts
Mine was less than 2 hours away from the dealership since at least this past Monday (4 days ago). And it's about an hour away from where I'm physically at right now. Customer Relations remains steadfast with it's ETA of 01-07FEB, while Ford Tracker says 29JAN - 11FEB.

· Registered
3 Posts
There's something to be said about only buying vehicles you can see & touch.
I've heard it before but never put much attention to it, but lately it's been growing on me specially with the apparently never ending supply chain issue. @nittanylyon73 good thing you did have a plan B, cheers man, before you know it you won't even remember the bad parts of this (y)

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You still don’t have it nitta ? Is it possibly on hold for something mechanical or damage?
Still don't have it. It has been on a rail car for over a month. From Mexico, to Dallas, to Chicago, to WVA and anow somewhere in VA where it has been setting for a week and a half. It is just 3 hours from my dealership in Wilmington, NC. But just sitting there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts