Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving home from work today and found the whole window control panel not working. Power mirrors switch and windows up/down all not responding. 30 min after i had dinner, i went n tried again n everything worked. Anyone has the same problem? I have the Lariat Hybrid with about 900 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was driving home from work today and found the whole window control panel not working. Power mirrors switch and windows up/down all not responding. 30 min after i had dinner, i went n tried again n everything worked. Anyone has the same problem? I have the Lariat Hybrid with about 900 miles.
Same exact issue happened to me today on my Lariat. 1100 miles and I've maybe used the window 5 times as its been cold and rainy. I will go back out in a bit and try it. I hope the Gremlins stay away as my last Ford was a 66 Galaxie!

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XL AWD ECO w/Tow
94 Posts
Same exact issue happened to me today on my Lariat. 1100 miles and I've maybe used the window 5 times as its been cold and rainy. I will go back out in a bit and try it. I hope the Gremlins stay away as my last Ford was a 66 Galaxie!
my service rep who replaced my panel because of the chipping paint mentioned these switches are reused from the escape and fusion, for which they had previous issued with them, either with the loose connector or sticking in the closed position., there is nothing holding the panel in but some clips so you can pop it out and check the connection. my new window switch panel which was just replaced is ALOT more stiff than the one that came with my truck, so stiff that when i rolled the windows up it would stay in the closing position. now that its worked in a but its fine.

Either way have it checked, this is what warrenty's are for

·
Registered
3 Posts
my service rep who replaced my panel because of the chipping paint mentioned these switches are reused from the escape and fusion, for which they had previous issued with them, either with the loose connector or sticking in the closed position., there is nothing holding the panel in but some clips so you can pop it out and check the connection. my new window switch panel which was just replaced is ALOT more stiff than the one that came with my truck, so stiff that when i rolled the windows up it would stay in the closing position. now that its worked in a but its fine.

Either way have it checked, this is what warrenty's are for
Like you, I went out after a half hour and the switch is fully functioning. I had an appointment and now since its working my dealer wont do anything. Service manager said, call when its not working again...
If and when it fails and gets resolved, I'll post my fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had the same issue on my Lariat too. The first time it happened my drivers window was down. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer and they preformed a hard reset on the cpu.

The windows then worked for about two months when the issue happened for the second time. This time before I was able to get in on my second scheduled claim the control panel started working. I still had it at the dealer for recalls and they to did a hard reset on the CPU.

Now, the third time it happened, less than a week later, I drove directly to the dealer to make sure they can see the issue. I left it for the night, I’m sure there will be no troubleshooting and only another reset. Maybe they will start to troubleshoot with another few visits. According to Ford service they know about the issue with no other recourse than the hard reset.

I‘ll update this thread if I make progress.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the same issue on my Lariat too. The first time it happened my drivers window was down. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer and they preformed a hard reset on the cpu.

The windows then worked for about two months when the issue happened for the second time. This time before I was able to get in on my second scheduled claim the control panel started working. I still had it at the dealer for recalls and they to did a hard reset on the CPU.

Now, the third time it happened, less than a week later, I drove directly to the dealer to make sure they can see the issue. I left it for the night, I’m sure there will be no troubleshooting and only another reset. Maybe they will start to troubleshoot with another few visits. According to Ford service they know about the issue with no other recourse than the hard reset.

I‘ll update this thread if I make progress.
When you say "hard reset of the CPU" does this mean the same as this TSB?

SSM 50458 - 2020-2022 Explorer/Aviator/Escape/Corsair, 2021-2022 Bronco Sport, 2022 Maverick – Driver Door Window Control Switch Inoperative With DTC B1088:87 Stored In DDM
Some 2020-2021 Explorer/Aviator/Escape/Corsair, 2021-2022 Bronco Sport, and 2022 Maverick vehicles may exhibit an inoperative driver door window control switch(windows inoperative, mirror control unresponsive, etc.). Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1088:87 may be present in the driver door module (DDM). This may be due to the software in the DDM. To correct the condition, reprogram the DDM with the latest software level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS). After reprogramming the DDM, run the DDM configuration application and perform a window learn routine via FDRS. For claiming, use causal part 14B291 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you say "hard reset of the CPU" does this mean the same as this TSB?

SSM 50458 - 2020-2022 Explorer/Aviator/Escape/Corsair, 2021-2022 Bronco Sport, 2022 Maverick – Driver Door Window Control Switch Inoperative With DTC B1088:87 Stored In DDM
Some 2020-2021 Explorer/Aviator/Escape/Corsair, 2021-2022 Bronco Sport, and 2022 Maverick vehicles may exhibit an inoperative driver door window control switch(windows inoperative, mirror control unresponsive, etc.). Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1088:87 may be present in the driver door module (DDM). This may be due to the software in the DDM. To correct the condition, reprogram the DDM with the latest software level of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS). After reprogramming the DDM, run the DDM configuration application and perform a window learn routine via FDRS. For claiming, use causal part 14B291 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
thank you for the reply, those are great questions. I called to see if my truck was done today and it’s not. During this same appointment I was have the recalls done. To my surprise they said I needed a new tank which is different than the dealer I told me last time I had it in. Anyway, I’m getting off topic.….the tech to.d me there were no codes registered with my window control panel failure. I will a rental car, hopfully I can speak with an actual tech during this visit. I’ll Advise if I learn any more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This just is. Now happening to me.. about to rain.. hope it resets itself soon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts