Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dies anyone know if ford has addressed the ecoboost 2.0 exhaust manifold cracking issues for the upcoming maverick or will this problem just carry over to the new truck?

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
121 Posts
Read my comment on another post. I work at a dealership and have not heard of this issue. It may be regional due to certain conditions, or that we've not seen it or heard of it, a complete anomaly to us. I'm just thankful that the engine offered as base or optional isn't the 1.5L. If I remember Monday, I'm going to check as see if any dealers in the area even stock the manifold, this could say something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response. I love the whole idea of a small truck but i'd like to be assured that I can keep it for the long haul

·
Registered
121 Posts
There had been some issues, similar to the 1.5L, but a lot of them I've seen have still been under warranty; and Ford has supposedly redesigned the blocks to correct the issue.
Otherwise, I've seen a number of Fusions w/ the Eco 2.0L with well over 100K.
As with any vehicle though, it all comes down to a number of factors; some which you can control, and others you can't.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have seen EcoBoost engines that have exhaust leaks with low mileage on Escapes. Not sure what is going on. Luckily they were under warranty. Seen some with oil leaks too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I drove a company owned Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost SE model. New car 2014 model - I put 77k on it before retiring and a buddy continued on the job with it until they “retired” the Ford at 112k. Lots of power, but you have to refrain from stomping on the go fast peddle as the mileage really dropped.
No major engine problems - mindful of the speeding issue you will be ok. It was my second new Fusion and both were built in Hermosillo Mexico - very good build quality and it got a lot of attention as it was a sharp looking ride. ✔

·
Registered
121 Posts
I drove a company owned Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost SE model. New car 2014 model - I put 77k on it before retiring and a buddy continued on the job with it until they “retired” the Ford at 112k. Lots of power, but you have to refrain from stomping on the go fast peddle as the mileage really dropped.
No major engine problems - mindful of the speeding issue you will be ok. It was my second new Fusion and both were built in Hermosillo Mexico - very good build quality and it got a lot of attention as it was a sharp looking ride. ✔
Only issue I can say that I've noted is there have been several newer ones through the shop needing flywheels replaced, and this has been on AWD models. Have also see rear shock mounts needing replacement on a few too, though that hasn't been an overwhelming issue; I think it really subsided after pothole season passed.
And yes, people need to realize, boost and the resulting ear-to-ear grin it produces takes more fuel to produce. Jack rabbit starts and aggressive driving will drain the tank quickly as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is the 2.0 Ecoboost exhaust manifold integrated into the head or not? I heard they crack around 60k miles out of warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts