Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far it's pretty expected that the Maverick will rely heavily on the bones of the Bronco Sport. It would seem the base models have ground clearance of 7.9", while badlands editions get 8.8"...

1.5in Ford Suspension Lift Kit (2021 Bronco)

are there any mods that you would consider doing?

·
Registered
339 Posts
So far it's pretty expected that the Maverick will rely heavily on the bones of the Bronco Sport. It would seem the base models have ground clearance of 7.9", while badlands editions get 8.8"...

Depending on what the Maverick's ground clearance a lift kit could be necessary. Nothing too crazy though. Other than that I might switch to a different set of wheels.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I've been watching Bronco Sport off-road videos and if the Maverick has the same clearance it might just be enough for me without adding a lift kit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey @Schobz, a version of the Rough Country 1.5in Ford Bronco Sport Suspension Lift Kit for the Maverick is what I'm after.
Would you also get something like it or a lift kit with different specs?

Rough Country's 1.5" lift kit is exactly what your 2021 Ford Bronco Sport needs to achieve the aggressive look it was meant to have. The bolt on spacer kit is easy to install, and offers you an enhanced lifted look without sacrificing ride quality. This 1.5" kit accommodates 245/65 R17 so you can complete the classic off-road styling that Bronco is known for.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey @Schobz, a version of the Rough Country 1.5in Ford Bronco Sport Suspension Lift Kit for the Maverick is what I'm after.
Would you also get something like it or a lift kit with different specs?

Rough Country's 1.5" lift kit is exactly what your 2021 Ford Bronco Sport needs to achieve the aggressive look it was meant to have. The bolt on spacer kit is easy to install, and offers you an enhanced lifted look without sacrificing ride quality. This 1.5" kit accommodates 245/65 R17 so you can complete the classic off-road styling that Bronco is known for.

View attachment 238
View attachment 239
View attachment 240
View attachment 241
I gotta admit the Bronco Sport looks great with that kit. If it fits the Maverick that'll be interesting.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I gotta admit the Bronco Sport looks great with that kit. If it fits the Maverick that'll be interesting.

Probably not a direct fit but close enough for Rough Country to develop a Maverick kit sooner.

How about the other upgrades they carry for the Bronco Sport?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I really like the small light bar mounted on the stock bumper.

And realistically, i also want the utility of a truck for light duty plowing half a dozen times a year, so im hoping Myers produces a kit for their “Home Plow” series.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I really like the small light bar mounted on the stock bumper.

And realistically, i also want the utility of a truck for light duty plowing half a dozen times a year, so im hoping Myers produces a kit for their “Home Plow” series.
Now you have me thinking of how practical the Maverick will be as a work truck.

Have you setup pickups in the past to be plows?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now you have me thinking of how practical the Maverick will be as a work truck.

Have you setup pickups in the past to be plows?
i had a home plow kit on a jeep liberty. It basically uses a front mounted hitch to connect the plow to the vehicle. I prefer the way it plows compared to something lighter like a tractor or quad.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i had a home plow kit on a jeep liberty. It basically uses a front mounted hitch to connect the plow to the vehicle. I prefer the way it plows compared to something lighter like a tractor or quad.
How did the Liberty do handling the plow and the snow?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did the Liberty do handling the plow and the snow?
It was fine, you have to know it's limitations - depending on snow type it I would limit it to 3-6" at a time. Also, its not the type of thing you leave attached all winter and drive around town. So it takes some planning before and after a snow storm, but it definitely had better down force and plowed better then an ATV, and it was nice to be shielded for the weather.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It was fine, you have to know it's limitations - depending on snow type it I would limit it to 3-6" at a time. Also, its not the type of thing you leave attached all winter and drive around town. So it takes some planning before and after a snow storm, but it definitely had better down force and plowed better then an ATV, and it was nice to be shielded for the weather.
The protection from the snow along is a great reason to do it haha.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good thing the Maverick will be here soon. I'm sure many are looking for an affordable work truck.

Would you make any other upgrades to the Maverick so it would be more capable on the job?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I drive a 2WD 2001 Ranger XL which I am looking to replace; yesterday I saw a Bronco Sport, and as much as it was handsome, the thing was (way) too low to the ground. It was dwarfed by my Ranger.

Very disappointed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Phone Glitched see below

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I drive a 2WD 2001 Ranger XL which I am looking to replace; yesterday I saw a Bronco Sport, and as much as it was handsome, the thing was (way) too low to the ground. It was dwarfed by my Ranger.

Very disappointed.
I'm really surprised by this comment. The Stock 2wd Ranger in 2001 was only 65" tall. Is your Ranger lifted?

Reactions: Primrose

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm really surprised by this comment. The Stock 2wd Ranger in 2001 was only 65" tall. Is your Ranger lifted?
Yeah I'm confused as well. The Bronco Sport is listed as having 8.8 inches of ground clearance and a stock 2001 Ranger has 6.7 inches.

·
Registered
339 Posts

So the official specs for the Maverick show a ground clearance of 8.3 inches for the FWD model and 8.6 inches for the AWD model. Is that going to be enough for everyone?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts