Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I ordered a lariat with the 2.0 EcoBoost. This will be the first turbo charged engine I have ever owned. I drive like an old man because I kind of R one. What do I need to know / watch out for? Ever since I started buying new vehicles, I've had them serviced at the dealership. Is there any maintenance related info I should know in regards to the turbo?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just hope it doesn't develop exhaust leaks and oil leaks like some of the Escapes I've seen. The ole turbo 2.3's in the late 80s Mustangs, Cougars, and Tbirds were pretty reliable. Change your oil before it tells you to with a synthetic and you should be ok.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yesterday, I ordered a lariat with the 2.0 EcoBoost. This will be the first turbo charged engine I have ever owned. I drive like an old man because I kind of R one. What do I need to know / watch out for? Ever since I started buying new vehicles, I've had them serviced at the dealership. Is there any maintenance related info I should know in regards to the turbo?

[/QUOTE
You will find the turbo adds a little weight to your right foot. Also, your wallet is a bit lighter, as you move to the right hand side of the gas pump. But as my wife likes to say, it’s worth it. Miles of smiles…
Enjoy

·
Registered
22 Posts

I drove a turbocharged 2.3L Ecoboost Mustang and it was extremely reliable. Boost was good, and you get the fun little turbo sounds- the 250 HP in the Maverick should be plenty of fun for a small truck.

Just know what regular maintenance for a turboed engine looks like and you should be fine. I also went with the Ecoboost based on that line of engines' track record.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just know what regular maintenance for a turboed engine looks like and you should be fine. I also went with the Ecoboost based on that line of engines' track record.
I loved the last turbo I had. Just make sure you give the engine a chance to warm up real good before you push it hard. Some say premium gas is needed if you have a turbo, though I believe the Ecoboost may not need it. Might be nice if someone has more info on that for this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will the Maverick have the same Turbo as the Ranger?
My friend let me drive his new Ranger an told me to Punch it.
And it really moved!

·
Registered
19 Posts
2.0 L Ecoboost engine is not the same as the 2.3L . Run away! exhaust manifold is integrated with head and they crack.

·
Registered
216 Posts
2.0 L Ecoboost engine is not the same as the 2.3L . Run away! exhaust manifold is integrated with head and they crack.
Another reason to get the 4K towing pkg... Larger fan..Larger Radiator and trans cooler...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts