Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my Lariat Hybrid last Thursday - going back to the dealership tomorrow with a laundry list of build quality issues

The gap on the right side of the tailgate is too tight - the bottom of the tailgate rubs the rear bumper cover and catches it when closing. The weatherstripping at the rear of the roof drip rail is coming off and the top of the dash and two of the speaker grills are warped - maybe from sitting out in the Mexican desert sun for a month waiting for it's train.

Maybe Tesla has proven that people don't give a rat's ass about fit and finish anymore, but this is just plain sad. I never thought I'd see anything worse than the rattle trap Mitsubishi I bought back in 2015. I get the feel that these are just being slapped together to get them out the door.

So if you have the opportunity to wait on your purchase or hold out for a 2023 delivery, do it and let Ford get their crap together.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to hear you're disappointed with your Lariat. Hope they can get those problems worked out to your satisfaction.

My Eco-boost Lariat doesn't have that sort of problem with the tailgate at all. That is bogus and should be resolved.

The speaker grills on my front dash are a little chintzy and the fit isn't 100% but they don't rattle so I'm somewhat ambivalent to it. Seems like it's a common problem. Personally I'd be more worried than an inexperienced tech would break as much as they ever fixed, seeing how new the Mavericks are. I've decided to live with it for now and if they get looser or more problematic I'll deal with it in a year or so when the techs have hopefully practiced on a few other customer's vehicles first. :ROFLMAO:

The weather stripping and some of the trim pieces seem a bit cheap but sometimes cheap works just fine. Some of the best firearms I own have a lousy fit and finish but have perfect function - so they get a pass. Time will tell if the Maverick fits that category as well.

Unfortunately even though the Lariat is a more luxurious trim the Maverick is clearly not designed as a luxury vehicle. Throwing in leather seats, some extra LED lighting, color matched mirrors and heated seats/mirrors/steering certainly add some creature comforts and flair but it isn't going to transform this thing into a BWM or Mercedes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
So if you have the opportunity to wait on your purchase or hold out for a 2023 delivery, do it and let Ford get their crap together.
No reason to wait, they wont be going down in value much...

Reactions: Angry Hippo

·
Registered
Ordered a white XLT 2.0 FWD with mats and hitch receiver, that's it!
116 Posts
They supposedly ordered me new ones but there is no stock anywhere. I guess I'll wait😞
Said in another post that when I worked in a Ford Dealership parts department in the 1970's it was even then very hard to get parts for warranty work that were still being used in production. We dreaded seeing next to the part number on the packing slip "D99" as a back order designation. o_O

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't heard a peep from the dealership on getting anything fixed - the tailgate issue should only take an adjustment from a tech, but they said everything needs to be blessed by Ford's warranty department.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts