Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, We have heard all the nonsense some dealers try to pull with over MSRP pricing and overpriced DMV fees. Here is another scam the dealer in Mt Pocono tried to play on me. You tell them all the options you want from the Ford build page, you know exactly what MSRP is on your build, they send you a quote and it is missing options for the 795.00 special Alloy Wheels, a 350.00 drop in bed liner and leave off the extra charge for the Hot Pepper paint. You THINK you are getting a deal way under what you know is the MSRP until you find many of your high dollar options are missing from the quote. Beware, some dealers are very shady characters.

·
Registered
240 Posts
MIne is trying to charge me for a regular spare and I opt. for the Luxury pkg which includes it... I'll let him think he is getting away with it..But I'll correct him on the delivery day..Of course, it could be a mistake on his part since all this is new...But we will see

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just noticed that too. There is so much redundancy in the packages too, they need to figure it out. But heck, might come in handy when trying to negotiate a better deal

·
Registered
182 Posts
MIne is trying to charge me for a regular spare and I opt. for the Luxury pkg which includes it... I'll let him think he is getting away with it..But I'll correct him on the delivery day..Of course, it could be a mistake on his part since all this is new...But we will see
Is yours an ecoboost or hybrid? Some of the packages that include a full size spare only do so for the hybrid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's not a great idea. At that point they can just tell you bye and move the car on to the next one. Just go ahead and address it now and be done. Waiting until go time on a large ticket item isn't, in my opinion, the best approach.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hybrid on mine

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's not a great idea. At that point they can just tell you bye and move the car on to the next one. Just go ahead and address it now and be done. Waiting until go time on a large ticket item isn't, in my opinion, the best approach.
Not really big deal to me $115...I just want to use it as leverage in case they think I'm stupid......"Oh by the way I noticed that you charged me for the spare" it's a way to catch them off guard

I won't walk away for $115 :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
The full size spare on the XLT Luxury Package is standard only with the hybrid engine. If you optioned for the 2.0, (as I did), you have to check the $115 option. It will only have the donut.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The full size spare on the XLT Luxury Package is standard only with the hybrid engine. If you optioned for the 2.0, (as I did), you have to check the $115 option. It will only have the donut.
Is that also the case on the lariat luxury package?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes, I am pretty sure that is the case. Full size spare is only standard with the Hybrid

·
Registered
69 Posts
I guess I am one of the rare guys that a full size is not a deal breaker and won’t add the option. I am 64 and have had to use a spare maybe three times in my life. Going with the odds. Cosmetically, you can see the full size from rear, not so much with donut.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts