Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way the cupholder for the rear passengers mounts using the FITS connector:

Being so low, I could see this more as a way to put cupholders, trash bins, and maybe even stabilize stuff if there were other mounts.
However, I also wonder if Ford thought about adding them in more locations, like:

Ford FITS location suggestions:
Passenger side of console - 2 locations for things like radio mic holders, use both for a laptop stand, etc.
Underside of dashboard lip - driver and passenger (for things like two-way radios, 3rd tether for laptop stand, etc.
Additional locations on upper back of seats (for Tablet, DVD, and Phone holders)
Windshield header - for things like dashcams, GPS, etc. normally mounted in this location.

I can see boatloads of potential if there were more of them strategically placed in a vehicle. But given just the one on the rear of the console, what are you going to use it for?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Uber. I literally just found out about this system. I think it has a ton of potential. I think they want to wait and see before introducing it further and implementing it all over the place. I would love to put a little trash can in my rear seat and this could be the solution!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I asked Ford what FITS accessories would be available: “We still haven’t received the service part number for the kit to be able to price it yet. I’m expecting it is going to have an MSRP of $49.95”

·
Registered
67 Posts
I asked Ford what FITS accessories would be available: “We still haven’t received the service part number for the kit to be able to price it yet. I’m expecting it is going to have an MSRP of $49.95”
Did you ask what was included in the kit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
There are a series of the FITS slots under the rear seat too. And in the recent video with Munro - the Ford engineer said they would be releasing the CAD 3D Model of the slot interface so people can 3D Print or make their own accessories for it. Excited to see what people come up with.
I have access to 3D printers at work and am already at least thinking up some charging cradles for different devices, even more specific cup holders to certain bottles I use, also custom dividers for under the seat to hold tools/straps, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts