Ford Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone adding the First Edition Package to their Maverick Lariat order?

For $1,495 (on top of the Lariat Luxury Package) it comes with:
  • 17 inch unique aluminum wheels on gas models (235/65R17 aggressive A/T tires)
  • 18 inch black painted wheels on hybrid models (225/50R18 A/S BSW tires)
  • Black painted roof
  • Black mirror skull caps
  • Power tilt/slide moon roof
  • Tonneau cover - soft-folding
  • Unique First Edition hood and side graphics decals

·
Registered
36 Posts
Reason I'm not a fan:
1) You're already paying extra for unique Lariat wheels, then you have to pay extra again for different (not necessarily better) wheels.
2) Unique red paint and the black roof/mirrors are cool, but the paint is again extra.
3) Don't like moonroofs, I have bad experience with it being a rattle/rust/leak source at high mileage
4) Soft folding tonneau is incompatible with the very cool bed extender
5) The stickers aren't all that fancy IMO

I'm torn between the XLT and Lariat, neither with the luxury package anyway. The hybrid already comes with things that are supposedly part of the luxury package, and stuff like bedliner, copilot360, and trailer hitch can be added ala carte inexpensively. I don't need any of the heated stuff since I'm in Texas, and I haven't heard that this infotainment system has wireless android auto, so I don't know why I'd need a wireless charger.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reason I'm not a fan:
1) You're already paying extra for unique Lariat wheels, then you have to pay extra again for different (not necessarily better) wheels.
2) Unique red paint and the black roof/mirrors are cool, but the paint is again extra.
3) Don't like moonroofs, I have bad experience with it being a rattle/rust/leak source at high mileage
4) Soft folding tonneau is incompatible with the very cool bed extender
5) The stickers aren't all that fancy IMO

I'm torn between the XLT and Lariat, neither with the luxury package anyway. The hybrid already comes with things that are supposedly part of the luxury package, and stuff like bedliner, copilot360, and trailer hitch can be added ala carte inexpensively. I don't need any of the heated stuff since I'm in Texas, and I haven't heard that this infotainment system has wireless android auto, so I don't know why I'd need a wireless charger.
Which options/features have you split between the XLT and Lariat?

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the Desert Brown interior, it only seems to work for me with the white, black, and red colors. I figure if I am going to go that route, go for Rapid Red, which bumped the FE package.
I am surprised the dealership didn't try to talk me into upgrading the drivetrain from the 2.5L Hybrid (which I am ok with, this is more of a runabout/errand vehicle for me).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Which options/features have you split between the XLT and Lariat?
The Lariat is required to bump to 6.5" dash screen, LED signature and ambient lighting, 8-way power seat, acoustic windshield, flexbed cubbies, and pushbutton start. I'm not in love with the "upgrade" wheels, and don't really care about the dual climate control but don't complain either. Hard to say if that's worth ~$3000 though, will have to sit in them to see how I feel.

If building a Lariat, I would go:

LARIAT - SUPERCREW®
Hot Pepper Red
$390
Ford Co-Pilot360™
$540
Bed Extender
$370
Bedliner - Spray-in
$495
Trailer Hitch Receiver with 4-pin Connector
$100
2.5L Hybrid Engine
TOTAL MSRP
= $28,880

For XLT with the orange interior, I might go:
XLT - SUPERCREW®
Cyber Orange
$495
Ford Co-Pilot360™
$540
Bed Extender
$370
Bedliner - Spray-in
$495
Trailer Hitch Receiver with 4-pin Connector
$100
2.5L Hybrid Engine
TOTAL MSRP
= $25,775

I may go with a tonneau, but Ford's seems overpriced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts