Ford Maverick Forum banner

Ford Maverick Myth Buster Edition

6K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  FordVideoGuy 
#1 ·
I hope you enjoy my latest video on the Maverick. Last 10 minutes might be a little boring but I needed to thank some people at the dealership.

#4 ·
A reference is made as to the purpose of the $40 "Theft Prevention Hinge Lock" on the "exterior options" on the Maverick build site. According to my salesman (Donald Heffington) at Lithia Ford in Fresno, Ca. - the suggestion is made that this option probably consists of a chain and padlock which helps to prevent theft of the spare tire. Thank You for your video updates. They are a great source of information. I also find them encouraging as I expectantly wait for the build confirmation on the Maverick that I reserved within 3 hours of the reveal on June 8th.

#18 ·
I must be wrong on this.(sorry). I just received a copy of the dealer "Packaging Guide" from my salesman. Under XL (100A) standard features on page 10 it lists "Spare tire/wheel lock" as standard. That would place this feature as a standard equipment item on the XL, XLT, and Lariat! The next suggestion is maybe this helps prevent tailgate theft when left in the "down" position? I ordered it, so I guess that I'll know upon delivery! Oh, sweet mysteries of life and Maverick.

#5 ·
Just another comment about the description of "power seats" on the "Build Your Maverick" website. If you go to "choose your model", then under "Lariat" choose "View Details", then scroll down to "Key Features" - you will find that under the interior picture and the "Power Seats" heading, the description reads "Sit pretty with available power eight-way adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar driver and six-way adjustable power passenger seat." This description is still there as of 8-12-2021. On a previous video it was stated that the Maverick does not come with a power passenger seat & this description was in error. Has Ford decided to make good on its order description of a power passenger seat? It would appear from this continuing order description that they have on the Lariat. In a previous video it was stated that a Ford representative had stated that this was in error and that the description had been changed to reflect that the passenger seat was in fact, not powered.

#13 ·
@FordVideoGuy Thanks as always for your great information. I appreciate the time you take to do them, and the effort you make to provide solid, reliable information.

I will say, though - when I saw the title of your video and this thread, I had this brief flicker of hope that Ford had announced a Mythbusters Edition Maverick. Since Ford is billing it as a maker's vehicle, a Mythbusters Edition seems quite plausible. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.