Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
22 MY Maverick will no longer offer the FWD (W8E) with 4k (Trailer) Tow Package (53Q). I don't know the reasoning- no reason given why.

My apologies for the watermarks. The Maverick Truck Club loves to scoop up my posts and take credit.

·
Registered
2013 F150 (sold it already)
24 Posts
Is this new orders, or will i need to change my previously scheduled build? i have September 20, build date.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Not sure why this is funny. I'm really disappointed. I ordered a budget build truck. Area 51 XL 2.0 Ecoboost FWD w/ 4k towing, hard drop-in bedliner, floormats, spare tire, and 400 watt inverter. All said and done, it's a capable truck for under 25k. Now I have to choose whether to get an anemic truck or pay Ranger prices. If Ford's not willing to honor the contract that I signed and they try to squeeze another couple thousand dollars out of me, I'm sure as hell not buying a Ranger from them. I'm not going to reward them for their bait and switch BS.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I thought it was funny your switching to Colorado....not your situation..
If you want FWD and tow there isn't a lot of options the Colorado isn't one of them
Your probably stuck with the more expensive Hyundai.
Also look at my signature that XL cost $28000...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I thought it was funny your switching to Colorado....not your situation..
If you want FWD and tow there isn't a lot of options the Colorado isn't one of them
Your probably stuck with the more expensive Hyundai.
I never said I "want" FWD. I ordered a truck with FWD because AWD isn't an option I'm willing to pay thousands of dollars to get. If it was the same price, I'd get AWD. And I wouldn't be in this weird position of having to cancel my order. But adding AWD just to get 4k towing would put it firmly into the midsize truck price range. So if I'm going to pay that much, I might as well get a more capable truck with a bigger bed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
And I don't need or want in XLT with Lux package or moonroof or rear window slider. I want a basic truck that is capable of basic truck things. If I could Build&Price the way I want, I'd get manual transmission, manual door locks, manual windows, vinyl bench seats front and rear, vinyl floors, and a 5.5 foot bed. And I want it to be able to tow more than a bicycle rack. So tour build meets none of my needs or wants.

·
Registered
240 Posts
And I don't need or want in XLT with Lux package or moonroof or rear window slider. I want a basic truck that is capable of basic truck things. If I could Build&Price the way I want, I'd get manual transmission, manual door locks, manual windows, vinyl bunch seats front and rear, vinyl floors, and a 5.5 foot bed. And I want it to be able to tow more than a bicycle rack. So tour build meets none of my needs or wants.
You saw the wrong truck.....my second build is a XL AWD tow, moonroof, bed mat etc $28000
You'll never get that new with any other brand., Good luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
You saw the wrong truck.....my second build is a XL AWD tow, moonroof, bed mat etc $28000
You'll never get that new with any other brand., Good luck
No, but a can get a whole lot more towing for just a couple thousand more. But the simple fact is that I don't do business with companies that do shady things like bait and switch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No, but a can get a whole lot more towing for just a couple thousand more. But the simple fact is that I don't do business with companies that do shady things like bait and switch.
One thing to consider is that this is a totally new platform. I can imagine that the weight distribution towing with a FWD truck could be problematic and they had to make some changes. Who knows.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you’re going that far, do it right and get a GMC Canyon with the diesel.
Since it looks like Ford burned me on this, I won't be buying a Ford. And the Colorado is the next cheapest American option. Not trying to splurge, but I won't do business with Ford if they're going to bait and switch and breach the contract.

·
Registered
46 Posts
DavidS, have you confirmed that you are being baited? Could be that you will get what you ordered. Before condemning as a marketing tactic(which is what bait-and-switch is) you may want to wait a bit and see the reasoning. Funny thing is that I thought the 4k required AWD from the beginning, only to learn otherwise and now be confirmed in what I thought before.
It could be something as simple as parts availability leading to filling XLT lux/Lariat/FX4 etc orders, with the plain jane being at the tail of the supply chain, and the expected delay leading to people doing as you are, calling bait-and-switch tactics. "Offer it, but it is not readily available" ... Could be they saw am oncoming problem and decided to avoid the lawyers getting their boat payments...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since it looks like Ford burned me on this, I won't be buying a Ford. And the Colorado is the next cheapest American option. Not trying to splurge, but I won't do business with Ford if they're going to bait and switch and breach the contract.
first world problems

I ordered a maverick because there is nothing else in the price range that has the capability and features that the maverick does. I'm not sure what else you're going to buy on a Maverick budget that will satisfy your wants/needs. (even when adding AWD to the price of the Maverick)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is this new orders, or will i need to change my previously scheduled build? i have September 20, build date.
I am in same boat. Lariat FWD with 4k tow scheduled for 9/20. From what I have been told so far (with a bunch of help from Tim Bartz), it will NOT be built as ordered and there should be something sent out offering switch to AWD or dropping of 4k tow package. Also told that we shouldn't lose our build date. We'll see I guess, doesn't sound like anything is quite firm yet until Ford figures out the process and communicates with customers/dealers.

I am hoping to just switch to AWD and keep my 9/20 build date. I had originally regretted not going with AWD, so this would give me a chance to go back in time. Just hope it doesn't cause delays.

·
Registered
2013 F150 (sold it already)
24 Posts
I am in same boat. Lariat FWD with 4k tow scheduled for 9/20. From what I have been told so far (with a bunch of help from Tim Bartz), it will NOT be built as ordered and there should be something sent out offering switch to AWD or dropping of 4k tow package. Also told that we shouldn't lose our build date. We'll see I guess, doesn't sound like anything is quite firm yet until Ford figures out the process and communicates with customers/dealers.

I am hoping to just switch to AWD and keep my 9/20 build date. I had originally regretted not going with AWD, so this would give me a chance to go back in time. Just hope it doesn't cause delays.
I was told the same and made the same decision. I considered all wheel drive to begin with. I've never needed it, but I do take a lot of ski trips and I might need it some day. I just hate losing the 1 mpg. Psychologically, 29 does not feel like 30.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts