Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reserved my Maverick back in June. I received the email from Ford confirming it; however, when I log into Ford.com and click Reservations & Orders, it says there are none. Is this common, or should I be concerned?

·
Registered
45 Posts
As I understand, there will be nothing until your vehicle is scheduled for production, at which time a VIN is assigned and (in theory) you will be notified. I expect an email similar to the first one acknowledging the order, with the timeline blob indicating current status. But. Who knows?
tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jamie, did you reserve a Maverick or did you order one?
I reserved an XL in June, which resulted in an email from Ford and follow-up from the dealer specified in my reservation.
You don't get a VIN or schedule date for a reservation.
Later I ordered an XL, which resulted in another email from Ford confirming that I'd ordered.
Neither the reservation nor the order appeared in my Ford.com account; I had to take steps to connect my order with my account once I had a VIN.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hmmm, I have a VIN number the dealer sent me after I asked about scheduling but when I enter it on the Ford site there is nothing showing but Order Confirmed. It does show my VIN number on the Ford site. No production date or scheduling. Zippo, nada.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hmmm, I have a VIN number the dealer sent me after I asked about scheduling but when I enter it on the Ford site there is nothing showing but Order Confirmed. It does show my VIN number on the Ford site. No production date or scheduling. Zippo, nada.
My understanding of the process is a VIN isn’t created until a build date is set. So perhaps one of the below situations apply. All of these ideas could be wrong

1. You had 4K tow package with FWD and need to change your build
2. Your order was part of the “clean up” builds and getting shifted to a different part of October. I presume your new build date will come out September 2nd.
3. There may be an unforeseen complications, and the build date is now TBD. Probably another shortage of some kind. But it should be resolved sooner than later since they gave you the VIN.
4. Web site is broke and doesn’t spit out your build date.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They have a VIN so it could be one of their stock units they have confirmed for a build date. Outrageously over priced though, and still a pre order at that. Since Ford isn’t taking reservations I guess dealers can pre-sell their builds now.
They have two XL's advertised with a $3000+ difference in price. Both are well optioned AWD. I can't see the difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My understanding of the process is a VIN isn’t created until a build date is set. So perhaps one of the below situations apply. All of these ideas could be wrong

1. You had 4K tow package with FWD and need to change your build
2. Your order was part of the “clean up” builds and getting shifted to a different part of October. I presume your new build date will come out September 2nd.
3. There may be an unforeseen complications, and the build date is now TBD. Probably another shortage of some kind. But it should be resolved sooner than later since they gave you the VIN.
4. Web site is broke and doesn’t spit out your build date.
Thanks. I have the AWD Lariat w/4K tow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts