Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BIG QUESTIONS FOR THE LAST UPDATE

Another interesting point mentioned on the document is that the front-wheel-drive Maverick is no longer available with the Trailer Tow Package (53Q). Ford was not able to immediately comment on this point.

Doe this apply to all for mavericks that were already ordered? Or, does this apply to only new orders? I called my dealer and ford and im getting conflicting stories.

Ford corp says this only applies to new orders. If you ordered this package and signed off on it you will still get it. Both dealer and corp seem uncertain in all honesty. Can anyone confirm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you happen to know the cut off date and when this was announced? The sales person at my dealership that handles the Maverick orders is out and won't be back until next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This change came out a few weeks ago and was discussed then--you might try searching the archives and watching some of the older videos for more info. As I recall, existing orders much be changed to either remove the 4k tow package or add AWD. Nothing will be built with FWD and 4k tow, including existing orders.

Note that this only applies to the 4k tow package--you can still get a tow hitch (some people were confused about this) and tow 2k lbs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes and I've worked up an order change if needed, but I haven't found an official Ford announcement yet. When I first heard this about 2 weeks ago I went and checked with my sales representative and was told it hadn't been kicked back out of the system, also no email from Ford about this change to my order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got off the phone with Ford ,marketing and gave them all my order code, sales code, other pertinent inormative. Confirmed FWD, and 4K package and it was still a valid order. I guess we'll have to wait and see

1 - 7 of 7 Posts