Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the alternative a donut or no spare tire at all?

Also, will full size spare be the same tire as the rest?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hybird trucks come with a standard full size spare. You can also get the full size spare with some of the packages or as a stand alone option. The full size spare is a standard tire on a steel wheel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone else notice that the full size spare is real close to the exhaust. Wonder if that'll be an issue. I upgraded to a full size on the 2.0 ecoboost.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1. T-type mini-spare: This spare tire
begins with the letter T for tire size and
may have Temporary Use Only molded in
the sidewall
Straight from the owners manual.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I find it weird that the full size spare is included in copilot 360 system at all, but equally puzzled that's it not past of the FX4 package. Ford makes some strange additions to packages that don't make any real sense.

·
Registered
37 Posts
But if you got a truck without the full size spare.. would you get a donut or no spare?
Correct - By what I understand, the Base XL trim model has a standard Mini Spare as standard equipment. If you choose the Hybrid trim model (XL, XLT, Lariat), then the model is upgraded with a Full Size Spare. The 2.0 EcoBoost trim model (XL, XLT, Lariat) comes with a mini spare as part of the XL standard equipment. You can add certain Option Packages to any trim level and be upgraded to the Full Size Spare or you can add it as a stand alone option without adding a Option Package.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was going to order the full size spare. Then I noticed Co-pilot #60 comes with the spare so I ordered that instead. My peripheral vision isn't what it used to be and I think 360 will help with that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Correct - By what I understand, the Base XL trim model has a standard Mini Spare as standard equipment. If you choose the Hybrid trim model (XL, XLT, Lariat), then the model is upgraded with a Full Size Spare. The 2.0 EcoBoost trim model (XL, XLT, Lariat) comes with a mini spare as part of the XL standard equipment. You can add certain Option Packages to any trim level and be upgraded to the Full Size Spare or you can add it as a stand alone option without adding a Option Package.
I think you get the full size spare free for the hybrid if you get the 360 or Lux options, at least for the XLT. Otherwise it’s 115 bucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts