Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the reasons I went with hybrid is because I was thinking of future gas prices. It looks like we may be looking at an average gas price of 5 dollars per gallon next year. Hopefully Biden doesn't try to help. If he does it may go up to 8 bucks a gallon.

·
Super Moderator
76 Posts
Gas was higher than this when Bush was President. The President doesn’t control the price of gas. It’s unlikely that we’ll see $5 a gallon…at least not in NY where I am. I took a cross~country motorcycle trip this past Spring and saw $6 per gallon near Yosemite in California back then.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Youbar
Gas was higher than this when Bush was President. The President doesn’t control the price of gas. It’s unlikely that we’ll see $5 a gallon…at least not in NY where I am. I took a cross~country motorcycle trip this past Spring and saw $6 per gallon near Yosemite in California back then.

You're correct, he has very little control of anything. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Registered
142 Posts
<<shaking head>>

I drive 20K plus a year and I don't need AWD so I would get the Hybrid.

(posted actually about the Maverick before the Mods clean this up)

·
Super Moderator
76 Posts
I would have liked to get a hybrid, but I wanted AWD and also a heavier tow capacity so I went with the eco-boost. Love it so far. I also wasn’t fond of the long wait.

·
Registered
166 Posts
One of the reasons I went with hybrid is because I was thinking of future gas prices. It looks like we may be looking at an average gas price of 5 dollars per gallon next year. Hopefully Biden doesn't try to help. If he does it may go up to 8 bucks a gallon.
The higher the gas prices, the more you save with a Hybrid! Just passed $5.70 a gallon here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Gas is hovering around 3.19 in some parts of rural SE KS.

Some days I am tempted to ditch the Ford - having had no update since July - and buy either the Nissan Frontier or a RAV4 hybrid.... But still waiting. I would love the practicality and the fuel economy of the Maverick.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had a Frontier. Hated it. I mean really didn't like it at all. Underpowered tin can. But hey, that's just me

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's one of the issues I'm experiencing because I'm WFH. I stop at gas stations so infrequently now, I have no idea anymore what gas prices are.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Street light Billboard Automotive lighting Building Electronic signage

This is one of the cheaper places to get gas in the Los Angeles County area that isn’t a Costco. And Costco is 3.99 for 87. So yes, I would like my Maverick Hybrid as soon as I can get it.

I don’t even want to imagine what San Francisco Bay Area prices are, which are usually worse.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My lariat
Just back from 230 mi. trip with my Eco. 43mpg changing speeds for breakin. I was told that when on the hwy w/hybrid the engine switches to gas only (not sure if true) then your mpg drops big time.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would never live in california, cost too much!
lol well salaries get adjusted for cost of living depending on where you live, usually. I'm born and raised in LA, so I'm used to this as well as terrible traffic. The kicker is that everything is so spread apart that driving is a necessity. And public transportation isn't great. I'd love to work close enough so that I could ride my bike.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts