Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously contemplating a Hybrid and want to bring it to Costa Rica, where I will be spending most of my time during retirement. I am waiting for the CR president to sign off on a tariff exemption for ex pats residing in CR.

Would anyone know about warranty work in CR for Ford products? Could that be transferred?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am seriously contemplating a Hybrid and want to bring it to Costa Rica, where I will be spending most of my time during retirement. I am waiting for the CR president to sign off on a tariff exemption for ex pats residing in CR.

Would anyone know about warranty work in CR for Ford products? Could that be transferred?
Bad idea all the way around. I'm someone familiar with the Costa Rica car market. The Hybrid Maverick is a new vehicle that integrates a somewhat redesigned ICE engine with a newly redesigned eCVT and operating at times off a HVB. This setup will require specialized diagnostic and servicing equipment not likely to be found at any existing dealers not to mention qualified technicians. Depending on what part of Costa Rica you will reside in, you may need (in lieu of 4WD) AWD which is not available (in the states, don't know about Canada) with the Hybrid. I'll be bringing a 20 year old (only about 20,000 KM) Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX+ 4WD 5Sp MT that I have been babying for a long time. That's the kind of vehicle you need in Costa Rica. I'm sure you know but as reminder, gas prices are pretty high and government regulated in Costa Rica. The Maverick (as of Sep 2021) is only planned to be sold in Brazil & Argentina.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really appreciate that you took the time to write this. Warranty, parts and service were my concerns. What you have said makes sense. If nothing ever went wrong with a car, then I would be all set. Will just wait for the CR President’s John Henry on the bill passed by both Houses (which will allow me to bring in my current car with no tariffs.)Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts