Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Who is the source of the confirmation? I saw elsewhere a mention of a high ranking auto worker from the plant in Mexico which would still qualify as a dubious source.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is correct sir Let's wait for some confirmation from a more official channel, but that is the Maverick rumor of the day.

·
Registered
240 Posts
OKTB Hybrid Maverick Date Confirmed = 12/8/21
True or not true I'm fired of and have move on to the first small truck that caught my attention
Santa Cruz....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
so what exactly does OKTB mean - I know it's Ok to buy, but what does that mean? does that mean they are being built, and will ship after that date? or it's when they start building them? Or they will start showing up in dealers lots (screwing over all of us idiots that ordered them in June & July?)
I guess I'm skeptical that just because its going to be OKTB - means anything in actual production and shipping cars!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so what exactly does OKTB mean - I know it's Ok to buy, but what does that mean? does that mean they are being built, and will ship after that date? or it's when they start building them? Or they will start showing up in dealers lots (screwing over all of us idiots that ordered them in June & July?)
I guess I'm skeptical that just because its going to be OKTB - means anything in actual production and shipping cars!

Those are good questions. Hopefully Ford will come up with some statement of what to really expect. In the meanwhile I'm fed up with a dealership that took my deposit promising a vehicle that cannot be shipped. Am I wrong to feel that there is something unethical in this practice?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah in a pessimistic world - the EPA/ Certification delay gave Ford cover for their lack of / inability to produce the hybrids. seems weird - waiting for the EPA certification - oh yeah - that will come December 10th? huh? if the certification is done - what's the delay? and if it is not done - how can you be sure of the date it will happen, and how do you know it will "pass".

So it almost seems like they are trying to give themselves a longer runway, without having to come up with excuses for not being able to produce!

Fords lack of honest and upfront communication with their customers is staggering to me. These are the people waiting to buy a car from you, why are you stringing them along and playing games!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah in a pessimistic world - the EPA/ Certification delay gave Ford cover for their lack of / inability to produce the hybrids. seems weird - waiting for the EPA certification - oh yeah - that will come December 10th? huh? if the certification is done - what's the delay? and if it is not done - how can you be sure of the date it will happen, and how do you know it will "pass".

So it almost seems like they are trying to give themselves a longer runway, without having to come up with excuses for not being able to produce!

Fords lack of honest and upfront communication with their customers is staggering to me. These are the people waiting to buy a car from you, why are you stringing them along and playing games!
They have produced hybrids, so how would not shipping help with the perception that they can't produce hybrids? Seems counterproductive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
how many hybrids have they produced? any idea? and how many confirmed orders? any idea?

·
Registered
28 Posts
how many hybrids have they produced? any idea? and how many confirmed orders? any idea?
Hard to say hard numbers, but they've stated about 1/3 of retail production is hybrids. Taking out the dealer stock they produced in August/September, I'd assume they've produced about 2K total retail units so far, so maybe 600 or 700 hybrids. There a many of us in different forums who'd received production dates (mine was built on 10/5). Ford's shooting for 10K retail orders total by the end of the year, so we can assume they plan on producing up to about 3K hybrids by the end of the year.

Really hard to say how many hybrid orders they have now, but at the end of the reservation process (I believe that was the beginning of Sept) they had said they had over 100K reservations. Dealers have said about 25-30% order conversion, and dealers/ford have stated that about 2/3rds of total orders are hybrids. So by sept, there were probably 20K or more hybrid orders. Hard to say how many new hybrid orders there have been since then, and how many hybrid orders have been converted to EB because of the constrained hybrid production (2/3rs of orders but only 1/3 of production).

·
Registered
13 Posts

And no info for the hold up, but a free bag of stuff for under the seat, how about a discount on price? Or a package of warranty s? Just for the long wait.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ford and Ford dealerships cannot be trusted. Doing businesses with them is obviously a risky proposition so I'm partially the one to blame here. I wish there was a better way to make them pay somehow, but this society is all about rewarding who tells the most and biggest lies. All I can do is try to get my deposit back and make sure the order will be canceled so that the dealership won't receive my truck and scalp some poor soul $10k sometime next year using my name and signature. F#[email protected] THEM.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ford and Ford dealerships cannot be trusted. Doing businesses with them is obviously a risky proposition so I'm partially the one to blame here. I wish there was a better way to make them pay somehow, but this society is all about rewarding who tells the most and biggest lies. All I can do is try to get my deposit back and make sure the order will be canceled so that the dealership won't receive my truck and scalp some poor soul $10k sometime next year using my name and signature. F#[email protected] THEM.
Seems glass half-empty to me. V is for Vendetta. P is for Patience. Calm down grasshopper.

Reactions: Mav

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Seems glass half-empty to me. V is for Vendetta. P is for Patience. Calm down grasshopper.
Understood. Patience is the greatest virtue. However, my issue is that I feel played around. If I'm OK to a point to be played by a dealership, I'm less inclined to do so with FoCoMo. The junky plastic freebies are the admission by Ford to have been if not negligent, at least very casual with customer time and money. That is a first good step in the right direction but a pathetic one nevertheless. If someone had some urgency or even a plan in place that relies on getting the truck this year as promised, the plastic parts will do little as compensation.

What about instead offering the EB variant with some discount since they are punching those out like candies? Maybe at the same price level? That to me would be a much fairer offer even if I personally wouldn't be interested.

===== end of venting =====

1 - 18 of 18 Posts