Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ordering dealer called today and suggested that I drop the full size spare tire and copilot 360, if I wanted to get my Maverick built sooner.

He stated that the first two customers that ordered Mavericks back in June received theirs last month, no other customer orders from that dealership have been delivered.

I told him that I wasn't willing to drop either of those options and I would continue to wait.

I didn't mention that I bought a Santa Cruz last week off the lot.

I'm guessing that my Maverick will be pushed into MY 23 since I ordered in late Oct.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SC has a higher msrp and has more features, but each offers features the other doesn't.

The SC key fob lowers the tailgate. It is not power, I think it has a spring or shock that slowly lowers the tailgate. So the fob pops the latch and it slowly lowers on its own. The Maverick has the second set of latches on the tailgate, the SC does not. The SC tailgate is very light and easy to raise.

The SC has a trunk in the bed that is pretty roomy. The optional rollup hardcover locks, but also takes up a bit of your bed room. It is easy to operate. Canadian owners report it doesn't operate well in freezing weather. I like the composite bed. I don't like the gaps in the Maverick bed.

The SC has an underseat bin that you can remove and there is more backseat legroom than the Maverick, at the sacrifice of a shorter bed. I haul my pups, so the larger backseat floor is important to me.

The Maverick has a better towing package and a full size spare is available, the SC has a mini spare only.

The SC tows 5000# but has no brake controller, if you want a 7-pin plug, you have to buy a Kia plug but it is all P-N-P.

The AWD 2.5T is awesome, 277hp/311tq.

What I really like on the SC is that you can add accessories and you do not have to deal with turning them on in a BCM like on a Ford. Much simpler.

Hyundai has a 5yr/60k bumper to bumper warranty, 20yr/200k powertrain warranty and 3 years of oil changes on every new Hyundai.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm happy with the SC, I probably should have ordered the Maverick with all the bells and whistles, instead of the XLT.

Either way, I still have months before I have to make a decision on the Maverick.

I have my eye on a 14 PT cruiser with 8,000 miles on it for a second car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ohh idk. , this XLT I scooped up isn’t missing much,
Got moonroof (I could live without) but LUX package, spray liner , tow,
Glad you were able to actually get a Maverick and are happy with it,

I like my Santa Cruz and I guess I should thank Ford because had they delivered the Maverick to me within six months of the order date, I would own a Maverick instead of the Santa Cruz.

I'm happy, you're happy, sounds to me like we both win.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts