Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And it looked fantastic. So we actually built and ordered two of them, no money down, and no obligations.

The dealer actually told me, he hoped we bought them, but even if not, us ordering them was about the only way they could get them sent to their lot, as Ford was only sending out pre ordered Mavericks, and not just for them to sell from there lot.

Anyway, it looked bigger and tougher in person than I expected. Interior looked and felt great too. In fact, I'd have been 100% sold... Except for the fact I can't get get adaptive cruise control, which I use almost 100% of the time in my Prius when I'm on the freeway. I'd have to pay $3K extra for that by getting the Lariat + end up with an interior and wheels I don't even like.

So I'll probably let them keep it ☹ Bummer.

My GF ordered the brighter blue one, Hybrid of course, and she's never even had a vehicle with ACC, so no loss for her, with that.

It's not "just" that I think ACC is the most monumental feature of any vehicle ever.... But keep in mind, I LOVE my F150, and it's paid for, and it has the ridiculous stereo that I've worked on for 13 years.... In short, that truck is my baby.

So if I'm going to lose it for something else, I better be thrilled with that new vehicle in every darn way...

PS, Feeling pretty bummed this morning. I was thinking, its not SO bad, as when a girl you love dumps you.... Its more like, when you have no choice, but to dump the girl. Granted, it was your choice..... But you really hoped it wouldn't come to this....

Think I'm, just going to get a new set of tires for my F150 ($1800 !) and do a "once every few years" touch up on her. Heck if I can't afford to drive her, at least I can make her look pretty, and admire her on the driveway :) lol ....or drive it around the corner and play with the stereo :) Honestly, I think my truck uses as much fuel at idle, as my Prius does at 75mph on the freeway !

My GF's will look just like this one... Same paint, XLT. I think it looks great.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
And it looked fantastic. So we actually built and ordered two of them, no money down, and no obligations.
Nice man! I know ACC is a big deal for you so I'm surprised you decided to put in an order. With no obligation, I guess why not? What color did you get? That blue looks real nice. Whenever I see another color it starts to sway me, but I'm too afraid of delays if I change my color lol. Area 51 is still my fave.

I hope one of the dealers nearby here in SoCal gets one in to check out. I'd love to see it in person.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have been wondering what really needs to be added to make adaptive cruise work, just out of curiosity. With FORscan and adding the frontal radar after market, I wonder how much more hardware and software is needed. I think it was a swing and a miss to not make Ford 360 a 900-1200 package that included lane centering, adaptive cruise, and BLSS. I would have likely spent the extra 400-650 for it as an add-on still even though ACC isn't important to me. They would get another ~$500 bucks out of someone who only really wanted blind spot assistance, and they would be able to upcharge on every trim.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice man! I know ACC is a big deal for you so I'm surprised you decided to put in an order. With no obligation, I guess why not? What color did you get? That blue looks real nice. Whenever I see another color it starts to sway me, but I'm too afraid of delays if I change my color lol. Area 51 is still my fave.

I hope one of the dealers nearby here in SoCal gets one in to check out. I'd love to see it in person.
I chose Area 51, but I actually had an idea (if I were going to go through with the deal) I was thinking about a Plastidip of as close to Area 51 as I could get, but with like a blue / green color shifting pearl over it...
1) because the door jams and engine bay would be a super close match 2) because it would be a great way to protect the factory paint from day one, 3) it would give it something that none of the other (I suspect numerous) Area 51 Mavericks don't have and 4) because I really like the Area 51 color in the first place 🙂

Anyway yea, it's a really cool truck. And for anyone who doesn't already have a nice truck, heck yes ? I'd say, buy it !

I'm just going to have to drive my GF's I guess 😉👍 Hope I don't rear end someone with having ACC !

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
121 Posts
Only two days until we have one on our lot to see in person. I'm hoping it's the velocity blue like this too. It's the color I was most interested in, and looks great on the photo you posted too; otherwise, it's going to be iconic sliver.
I've elected to hold off for a while though. As I have mentioned previously, we're planning a move south, and I've also stated a few times, if I move south where AWD isn't at all necessary, I'd consider a sports car(Mustang or Challenger); So I'm at least into a holding pattern until spring or early summer as our plans develop. A hybrid isn't out of the question either, as outside of the roads I'm familiar with here in upstate NY, I can't see myself winding up a 2.0L turbo that same way to enjoy the twisting hills and wide open roadways.
Thanks for sharing the photo... It's looks great in velocity blue!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only two days until we have one on our lot to see in person. I'm hoping it's the velocity blue like this too. It's the color I was most interested in, and looks great on the photo you posted too; otherwise, it's going to be iconic sliver.
I've elected to hold off for a while though. As I have mentioned previously, we're planning a move south, and I've also stated a few times, if I move south where AWD isn't at all necessary, I'd consider a sports car(Mustang or Challenger); So I'm at least into a holding pattern until spring or early summer as our plans develop. A hybrid isn't out of the question either, as outside of the roads I'm familiar with here in upstate NY, I can't see myself winding up a 2.0L turbo that same way to enjoy the twisting hills and wide open roadways.
Thanks for sharing the photo... It's looks great in velocity blue!
You will like it 🙂 IMPO thy look even better in person than in photos ,👍

·
Registered
49 Posts
I drove a 2012 Chrysler 300 yesterday that had adaptive cruise control. I do understand that some of the front radars can be expensive though if you have to replace one (2k?)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I did get to see it, but only for a couple minutes as the days events altered what was possible. You are correct though, it is better in person, and the Lariat trim looks better in person too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, adaptive cruise modules, hidden in the front bumper, can be very expensive. I just priced one out the other day on a Lincoln and that too was above the $2k mark. The customer will at least be happy it's covered under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts