Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Cactus Gray Lariat Lux 360 Hybrid
210 Posts
Last I heard, the private offer letter was going to basically be an amount of credit that can be applied to a new order. It was going to be based on your original order and meant to help offset some of the increase in MSRP.

·
Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last I heard, the private offer letter was going to basically be an amount of credit that can be applied to a new order. It was going to be based on your original order and meant to help offset some of the increase in MSRP.
That is nonsensical. The only credit is the deposit. If MSRP IS $2K higher for 2023, you will pay that higher amount, just like a totally brand new order.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That is nonsensical. The only credit is the deposit. If MSRP IS $2K higher for 2023, you will pay that higher amount, just like a totally brand new order.
This info came from Tim, the Ford Video Guy, the last time I watched and was corroborated by some of the dealership employees here when this info was released. What do YOU think the "offer letter" you mentioned is? It's no more nonsensical than our orders "automatically converting" to 23MY. Anyway, just a few more days until the order bank opens...

·
Registered
91 Posts
You seem to have forgotten the email we received in June

If we cannot build your current order and you’d like to convert it to a
2023 Maverick
Understanding you may not be able to take delivery of your 2022 Maverick order,
we will be making a special private offer discount available beginning in August to
those customers whose orders go unscheduled. This private offer may be applied
towards the order and purchase of a 2023 Maverick. Please consult with your
Ford dealer beginning in August when the 2023 model year Maverick order bank

opens to understand more details about this special private offer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wrong. Per our best buddy 'TommyBoy' on this forum : "
Maverick Model Year Transition Private Offer
• 23MY Maverick (excl Tremor)
• Private Offer value predetermined by customer’s original 22MY ordered vehicle*:
Maverick 2.5L Hybrid $2,750
Maverick 2.0L EcoBoost Gas $1,750 "

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You seem to have forgotten the email we received in June

If we cannot build your current order and you’d like to convert it to a
2023 Maverick
Understanding you may not be able to take delivery of your 2022 Maverick order,
we will be making a special private offer discount available beginning in August to
those customers whose orders go unscheduled. This private offer may be applied
towards the order and purchase of a 2023 Maverick. Please consult with your
Ford dealer beginning in August when the 2023 model year Maverick order bank

opens to understand more details about this special private offer.
I did NOT receive such a letter, yet every time I’ve called both my dealership and Ford regularly and recently, they said my order is “clean/scheduled”!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wrong. Per our best buddy 'TommyBoy' on this forum : "
Maverick Model Year Transition Private Offer
• 23MY Maverick (excl Tremor)
• Private Offer value predetermined by customer’s original 22MY ordered vehicle*:
Maverick 2.5L Hybrid $2,750
Maverick 2.0L EcoBoost Gas $1,750 "
So in other words, my completely basic (except for trailer hitch) hybrid XLT order for roughly $22,500, I will get a 2023 identically equipped for identical price?

·
Registered
70 Posts
So in other words, my completely basic (except for trailer hitch) hybrid XLT order for roughly $22,500, I will get a 2023 identically equipped for identical price?
That's seems to be the philosophy behind this - hold the '22 conversions to '23 monetarily harmless, in the goodness of their hearts they decided that well you waited a long time and we haven't yet come thru so we'll at least make sure you won't be paying more than you originally intended.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can't speak towards the dollar amount, but the idea is that Ford will give you (using the figures given) a $2750 credit towards the purchase of a new 23MY Maverick order. This is to offset an expected increase in MSRP, be it a $2000 increase or $10k increase. It applies even if you decide to add or remove features, say drop to an XL hybrid. I also assume that they will put your order ahead of all other new 23MY orders; however, if components (chips) are still constrained, you're still going to be waiting. It sounds like they will still be building 22MY orders up until November or so, so don't expect to see your 23MY order until 2023.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't speak towards the dollar amount, but the idea is that Ford will give you (using the figures given) a $2750 credit towards the purchase of a new 23MY Maverick order. This is to offset an expected increase in MSRP, be it a $2000 increase or $10k increase. It applies even if you decide to add or remove features, say drop to an XL hybrid. I also assume that they will put your order ahead of all other new 23MY orders; however, if components (chips) are still constrained, you're still going to be waiting. It sounds like they will still be building 22MY orders up until November or so, so don't expect to see your 23MY order until 2023.
So what you are saying is that I can get a mostly bare bones 2023 XLT for the price of a mostly bare bones 2022 XL - cool!!!

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD velocity 🔵
23 Posts
Talked to my sales manager yesterday. He said there would be a $1750 offer toward your 2022 Ecoboost & I forget on the hybrid. I know it's over $2000. That's not official but he is supposed to notify me on the 15th when the reorder banks open up

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Talked to my sales manager yesterday. He said there would be a $1750 offer toward your 2022 Ecoboost & I forget on the hybrid. I know it's over $2000. That's not official but he is supposed to notify me on the 15th when the reorder banks open up
What exactly does that mean? If the MSRP of an identical 2023 to your 2022 Ecoboost order is $2,000 higher for the 2023, your actual out-of-pocket increase will be only $250 ($2,000-$1,750)??? :unsure:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Indeed, but I just don't understand what the two dollar amounts for the hybrid and non-hybrid mean.
It's simple. If you ordered a hybrid 22MY, Ford is giving you a credit of $2750 towards your 23MY order (which can be any model or trim level except Tremor). If you ordered a non-hybrid 22MY, the amount you get is $1750.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's simple. If you ordered a hybrid 22MY, Ford is giving you a credit of $2750 towards your 23MY order (which can be any model or trim level except Tremor). If you ordered a non-hybrid 22MY, the amount you get is $1750.
So if the '23 costs less than $2750 higher than the '22 hybrid, in effect you get a '23 actually cheaper than a '22!!! Got it! (y)

FYI: I just spoke with my dealer, and told him I want to switch to a base model XL with only trailer hitch added instead of a base model XLT with only trailer hitch added, since cruise control is NOW standard on XL. He said no problem, he'll adjust order, and I don't even need to go to dealership.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts