Ford Maverick Forum banner

Here’s What Dodge Has Lined Up For The Mavericks Competition

12K views 47 replies 26 participants last post by  WNYEscapee 
#1 ·
I will definitely have to look into the Spec’s for this .

See less See more
#2 ·
Alright I'm in love already. It's like an abusive relationship, rams are plagued with mechanical problems(generalizing), but I always love them. What's your source for these?

And for the record, I daily a Dodge Dart 2016, so I'm not a Chrysler hater, just always seen too many rams with issues, but still fall in love with them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

#17 ·
True , but this is probably what we’ll see for the body style since it’s a very recent change . And If they put a little bigger engine in it and make it a hybrid . They‘ll definitely be in the game . Plus both of them are pretty sharp looking .
Everyone has their opinion - But to me, this thing looks like my 5-year old was playing with her crayons and said "daddy, make me this toy for Ken and Barbie" JMO

#24 ·
Probably will not see the light of day in US. Too many rules and regulations it would have to go through to keep it in line with US market and would not look like that on the other end. It is a shame. I rented one for a week in South America and would have bought it and driven it to the States and registered it if I could.

#47 ·
Hyundai Santa Cruz is WAY to expensive. This Ram 700 is going back to the tall truck look. Ford did studies on this fact. I drive a 2021 Colorado WT extended cab with v-6 tow pk(company truck). The bed is worthless to me. YOU HAVE TO CLIMB IN THAT BED FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! I hate it. That's why Chevy put those crappy steps in the bumpers. If you have mud on your shoes, beware of slipping out of those said steps and falling on your keyster! Or banging your chin on that step......it hurts.... The Maverick might be a bit frumpy looking but I like, love the size. Thank You Ford!

#35 ·
In the past year there have been conflicting reports on whether Ram is planning on bringing back a mid-sized or even compact pick up. I doubt we'd something this small from Ram in the U.S. I think it's more likely they'll produce something closer in size to the Ranger.

#42 ·
Dodge's last "compact" pickup was the first-gen Dakota. The D50 was a rebranded Mitsubishi. I'd imagine a modern Dakota being more like a Durango with a pickup bed (remember, the first Durangos were Dakotas from the firewall forwards). But I don't really think Dodge has any interest in the compact pickup market, they've always been more content to let Ford and Chevy have it with the Ranger and S10/Colorado/Canyon. Just doesn't feel like they've ever been very competitive in that space since they invented the midsize pickup market with the 2nd gen Dakota.

#38 ·
A friend of mine owns one. He loves it but has issues with the gas mileage.

"RAM 700, Tornado, Saveiro, are small trucks popular in Mexico City, where you may need some carry capacity, but the traffic is so much, that also need something small and mobile. I love my RAM 700, but gas usage is way too much, expensive "

#45 ·
A closer look at the specs, such as power, towing and payload capacity, would dash any hope of this being a legitimate competitor in this country. It does well in Mexico and the like, but that does not mean this market will accept it. I mean, until recently, you could buy a brand new 1993-era Nissan Sentra (renamed Tsuru) in Mexico, and it sold quite well until mandatory front airbags killed it. Just goes to show, it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison when considering Mexican (or Brazilian, etc) market vehicles in the United States and/or Canada.

#48 ·
If it handles like the Cherokees my wife and I both had, it will be a fun vehicle, even with the 2.4L engine they have been using in them. Fuel mileage was great, handling was great, and winter driving was actually fun in them.
As for reliability issues w/ Ram trucks, I've owned my used one for a year and a half, and other than a lock actuator that makes a ratcheting noise and my window switch than intermittently loses the use of its "one touch" up/down when ever it get hit with a drop of water, it's been trouble free.
As for our Cherokees, there were only minor things, most of which were covered under base warranty, like a bad temp. sensor.
I cannot speak for reliability much after four years though, as we both traded them at, or shortly after that mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.