Ford Maverick Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is what I posted in the other forum...

I’m liking the direction & agree with everyone else. Better than the ranger’s front end. Nice & squared off makes it a bit more masculine. Aftermarket options will allow change of that grill if one wanted. Let’s hope it doesn’t have the ugly avalanche style wings from the cab to the bed.

Then I posted this...

Could the photo below of the 2022 Ranger grill be what gets placed over the grill section that looks incomplete on the Maverick?
6EFEECAF-B852-4778-B2DA-385D8BD46C05.jpeg

·
Registered
22 Posts
I remember the 1st generation Rangers had those bed indents where you could put a 48" long 2X4 to put 4 by 8 plywood sheet in above the wheel wells. Looking at the bare metal bed pic, I thought that I saw notches that would allow that as well. I hope so.
Looking at the bed photo again, it looks like they’ve got three different holds: 2 horizontal, one vertical. Looks like it can hold a 2x6. I could be projecting a bit here, but it looks like there would be two options for crosses; one on the wheel well, one a bit higher, then a vertical one toward the cab. It’d be easy to have a solid box platforme to haul sheet goods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hoping to get everyone’s opinion here. I’ve heard tons of complaints about the bed potentially being too small. I disagree, but I get why people are saying it. My question is; if the bed is roughly 44”(speculation from bare metal spy shots) wouldn’t it be comparable to having a short bed crew cab f150 with a tool box in the bed? F150 is a 5’5” bed. The tool box has a 16” width leaving 50” of bed left(not counting the bottom nook that is still available under the tool box). So by those numbers, the bed of the Maverick will be similar to having a F150 Crew Cab Short bed with a cross bed tool box on it. Seems to me that that is plenty of space. Thanks for reading

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hoping to get everyone’s opinion here. I’ve heard tons of complaints about the bed potentially being too small. I disagree, but I get why people are saying it. My question is; if the bed is roughly 44”(speculation from bare metal spy shots) wouldn’t it be comparable to having a short bed crew cab f150 with a tool box in the bed? F150 is a 5’5” bed. The tool box has a 16” width leaving 50” of bed left(not counting the bottom nook that is still available under the tool box). So by those numbers, the bed of the Maverick will be similar to having a F150 Crew Cab Short bed with a cross bed tool box on it. Seems to me that that is plenty of space. Thanks for reading
I'm going to plead ignorance on this & still needing more coffee. The thing with most tool boxes you do have the area under them to slide some longer items. Your numbers do seem to make sense. It is for sure a smaller bed, but id say it will be good for what most people will need it for. I don't think you will be loading a motorcycle in it, but i bet you can get a mountain bike in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm going to plead ignorance on this & still needing more coffee. The thing with most tool boxes you do have the area under them to slide some longer items. Your numbers do seem to make sense. It is for sure a smaller bed, but id say it will be good for what most people will need it for. I don't think you will be loading a motorcycle in it, but i bet you can get a mountain bike in there.
All speculation of course. The anticipation is killing me waiting for this truck to finally be revealed by Ford. But yes, most people looking at buying the Maverick(me included) don’t plan on through dirt bike in the back I’m sure.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts