4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First the vitals:

Ht: 6’0”
Wt: 183
Southpaw
School: UofM
City: Philly by way of Riverview, MI

I’ve had a strange life. Currently, I’m permanently benched for being hit from behind by a truck in my 2013 Focus ST 7 years ago. Poor little car…I really miss torching dudes in other “sports” cars in that rocket. Spent the last 6 years healing and learning to walk again. That is just 1 story..I have hundreds. Spent my teens to early 20s as an East Coast OG Punk Rocker before I realized that, if I was going to live, I had to make something of myself. I’ve been a lot of things..a chef, professor, business owner, a criminal..those are just a few. I’m incredibly lucky to still be here and, as the gods know, that should not be the case. Ask me a question and I’ll answer it. I’m an open book.

I have owned a lot of Fords. The list is as follows:

‘67 Mustang that my pops and I made into a pro street drag car. We dropped a high compression Windsor 350 in it with aluminum heads and a hot cam. That was an 11 second car. I ended up rolling it into a farm field in an outlaw race on the backroads of Bucks County.

’78 Mustang II Cobra that we dropped in a junkyard 1970 Boss 302 engine I bought for 200 bucks. I had a tunnel ram with dual Holleys on that one. Putting out almost 500 hp in that little car. Even with suspension upgrades it was sketchy as hell on the drag strip. Ended up pulling the engine and selling the car.

’78 Fairmont 2 door sedan coupe that we put the 302 in and used as the ultimate sleeper for cash races on Front Street in Philly in the 80s. Sadly, that car proved to be brittle…I was always breaking it. Pulled the engine and had the carcass towed away.

my last Drag car was an ’81 Fox Body Notch Back Mustang that we again dropped the 302 in. It was an ugly car but fast as hell. My fastest times were in the low 10 second range. Unfortunately the 302 ended up detonating (probably from the nitrous..we’ll never know) and the car caught on fire.

In addition, I’ve owned several F-150s, a ‘96 Thunderbird V8 that I hopped up a bit, and an ‘03 Mercury Marauder that I kept until I bought my ‘13 ST. Poor little Focus.

I currently drive a 2014 Edge SE with the 3.5L V6 that I have putting out 335 hp with a tune and a cold air box from K&N. I drive 5 miles above the speed limit now but nobody said I couldn’t get there as fast as possible right? That’s all the racing I do these days.

Im looking at the Maverick with AWD as something more fun to drive. The F-150 is too big for me to get into and the Ranger is too pricey for what I want. I’m disabled and no longer working so I gotta be budget conscious. An XL with the 2.0L Ecoboost and AWD comes in at just under 25 grand. That’s a good deal for a “4x4”. I will likely wait for the 2023 Mavericks as I’ve learned never to buy a new model in the first year. Yes, from experience. Besides, you know Ford will make improvements and offer new options in ‘23…maybe even a Maverick Raptor. we’ll see.

I’ll be checking in and seeing how everyone likes theirs and watch for aftermarket upgrades. I’m looking at getting Velocity Blue so I can put the old Maverick “Grabber” decals on the sides. That blue looks like the old 70s Mustang Grabber Blue color. Love it. I’ll probably end up spending all my extra bread modifying. I’ll have that little 2.0 up to 300hp no problem. I figure if I wait until 2023 they might offer the 2.3 Ecoboost in a “Sport” or ST model. I think it’s definitely worth being patient in order to see what’s coming in 2023.

Until then I’ll be around. Nice to be here.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
211 Posts
looking at getting Velocity Blue so I can put the old Maverick “Grabber” decals on the sides. That blue looks like the old 70s Mustang Grabber Blue color.
I thought about coming up with a small side stripe like the old "GRABBER" package, but instead of it saying grabber, I'd change it to "HAULER". But, I just can't seem to find a way that the stripe would integrate well worth the arches and the front/back like it did on the car, and thought it a bit too cheesy.

Maybe a placement up high like the 69-70 Cougar Eliminator?
Nah, I'm thinking too hard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First the vitals:

Ht: 6’0”
Wt: 183
Southpaw
School: UofM
City: Philly by way of Riverview, MI

I’ve had a strange life. Currently, I’m permanently benched for being hit from behind by a truck in my 2013 Focus ST 7 years ago. Poor little car…I really miss torching dudes in other “sports” cars in that rocket. Spent the last 6 years healing and learning to walk again. That is just 1 story..I have hundreds. Spent my teens to early 20s as an East Coast OG Punk Rocker before I realized that, if I was going to live, I had to make something of myself. I’ve been a lot of things..a chef, professor, business owner, a criminal..those are just a few. I’m incredibly lucky to still be here and, as the gods know, that should not be the case. Ask me a question and I’ll answer it. I’m an open book.

I have owned a lot of Fords. The list is as follows:

‘67 Mustang that my pops and I made into a pro street drag car. We dropped a high compression Windsor 350 in it with aluminum heads and a hot cam. That was an 11 second car. I ended up rolling it into a farm field in an outlaw race on the backroads of Bucks County.

’78 Mustang II Cobra that we dropped in a junkyard 1970 Boss 302 engine I bought for 200 bucks. I had a tunnel ram with dual Holleys on that one. Putting out almost 500 hp in that little car. Even with suspension upgrades it was sketchy as hell on the drag strip. Ended up pulling the engine and selling the car.

’78 Fairmont 2 door sedan coupe that we put the 302 in and used as the ultimate sleeper for cash races on Front Street in Philly in the 80s. Sadly, that car proved to be brittle…I was always breaking it. Pulled the engine and had the carcass towed away.

my last Drag car was an ’81 Fox Body Notch Back Mustang that we again dropped the 302 in. It was an ugly car but fast as hell. My fastest times were in the low 10 second range. Unfortunately the 302 ended up detonating (probably from the nitrous..we’ll never know) and the car caught on fire.

In addition, I’ve owned several F-150s, a ‘96 Thunderbird V8 that I hopped up a bit, and an ‘03 Mercury Marauder that I kept until I bought my ‘13 ST. Poor little Focus.

I currently drive a 2014 Edge SE with the 3.5L V6 that I have putting out 335 hp with a tune and a cold air box from K&N. I drive 5 miles above the speed limit now but nobody said I couldn’t get there as fast as possible right? That’s all the racing I do these days.

Im looking at the Maverick with AWD as something more fun to drive. The F-150 is too big for me to get into and the Ranger is too pricey for what I want. I’m disabled and no longer working so I gotta be budget conscious. An XL with the 2.0L Ecoboost and AWD comes in at just under 25 grand. That’s a good deal for a “4x4”. I will likely wait for the 2023 Mavericks as I’ve learned never to buy a new model in the first year. Yes, from experience. Besides, you know Ford will make improvements and offer new options in ‘23…maybe even a Maverick Raptor. we’ll see.

I’ll be checking in and seeing how everyone likes theirs and watch for aftermarket upgrades. I’m looking at getting Velocity Blue so I can put the old Maverick “Grabber” decals on the sides. That blue looks like the old 70s Mustang Grabber Blue color. Love it. I’ll probably end up spending all my extra bread modifying. I’ll have that little 2.0 up to 300hp no problem. I figure if I wait until 2023 they might offer the 2.3 Ecoboost in a “Sport” or ST model. I think it’s definitely worth being patient in order to see what’s coming in 2023.

Until then I’ll be around. Nice to be here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a fully bolted and tuned 2014 focus ST. I enjoyed the hell out of that car and it was very reliable considering i was in the boost constantly. I am a fan of the 2.0 Ecoboost even though i just ordered the hybrid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts