Ford Maverick Forum banner

Should the hitch access cover panel be included if you have the factory installed hitch?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think anyone would know the answer to this but I'm hoping someone at Ford will see this and take it into consideration.

In pictures of vehicles NOT equipped with a receiver hitch, there is a cover that appears to snap into place to cover the hole where the receiver and wiring access would otherwise be. It is a fairly large area. On those vehicles shown WITH a receiver, there is a lot of empty space around the receiver and wiring access and it looks really ugly and unfinished to me.
I suspect that all bumper covers are manufactured with the cover in place and if a hitch is installed the cover is popped out and discarded. My build includes the hitch. Is there any way Ford can simply include the cover so that I can trim it up myself and improve the appearance of that area or at least make it available for a minimum cost? It would also be nice to have if the hitch were removed for any reason.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I realize that. But I think you could trim the cover so that only the parts which extend past that point stick out. This would clean it up just a bit.
Small detail, I know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I doubt the Mav comes with a hitch cover especially considering the pic above. If you don't like the look maybe the aftermarket with come up with a solution?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry if everyone is misunderstanding what I'm saying here.
I simply want the cover that exists for vehicles NOT equipped with a hitch to be included or made available for vehicles with a hitch. That way, if the hitch is removed it can be installed, or the owner can modify it to clean up the large hole where the hitch components reside.

I'll try to find some pics to modify and post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts