Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the sprayed-in bed liner, but I thought I would try something for a little more protection. I didn’t want to spend a ton, so I bought this at Harbor Freight Tools…

Photograph Light Sleeve Rectangle Font

and turned it into this.

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Grille

I think it looks pretty good and should help keep the bed looking new for a while longer. I duct taped all the joints on the bottom side between the sections to hold it together better.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the sprayed-in bed liner, but I thought I would try something for a little more protection. I didn’t want to spend a ton, so I bought this at Harbor Freight Tools…

View attachment 1918

and turned it into this.

View attachment 1919

I think it looks pretty good and should help keep the bed looking new for a while longer. I duct taped all the joints on the bottom side between the sections to hold it together better.
I suppose that would work for light duty hauling. I am going to purchase stall mat material (TSC) and line bed with that. It's 5/8" I believe and rubber. Solid stuff. Can be cut with a razor knife after a few scores. Have it down as a hull liner in my.flat bottom boat. Tough stuff!!!

·
Super Moderator
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I suppose that would work for light duty hauling. I am going to purchase stall mat material (TSC) and line bed with that. It's 5/8" I believe and rubber. Solid stuff. Can be cut with a razor knife after a few scores. Have it down as a hull liner in my.flat bottom boat. Tough stuff!!!
Where can I find that?

Edit: Found it! TSC=Tractor Supply Company 😎

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a thick rubber mat in my Ranger. It lasted years, but I always wondered if it would fly out at highway speeds. I think the light mats that can be interlocked from HF would tend to flop around if there was much airflow.

·
Super Moderator
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a thick rubber mat in my Ranger. It lasted years, but I always wondered if it would fly out at highway speeds. I think the light mats that can be interlocked from HF would tend to flop around if there was much airflow.
You’re probably right, but I plan to keep the tonneau cover closed when empty so it should be okay. I’ll most likely get the heavier mat mentioned above once this one craps out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm going to cut down a 4x6 rubber mat that's 3/4" thick and VERY heavy. it came out of the weight room at my work. Smooth one one side textured on the other! I

1 - 6 of 6 Posts