Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maverick doesnt come with a hood sound insulation pad. I'm thinking about getting one for my truck once it arrives. Any recommendations on companies that might have this available?

I think rangers come with insulation pads, at least I'm seen companies offering them, including some saying they have oem pads.

Thank you for any advice/insight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think I would check into the snap-on engine covers that fit the ecoboost series. Brother's Ranger came without a cover so he bought and installed one. He noted it does reduce noise from the valve train,injectors and high pressure fuel pump. The engine is kind of 'tappy' with the settings accepted by the factory.
I cannot state for sure, but think the covers for Fusions, Escape, etc should be a fit. I do not know if the fittings the rubber grommets slip onto are factory or would have to be obtained. Lots of help, eh?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maverick doesnt come with a hood sound insulation pad. I'm thinking about getting one for my truck once it arrives. Any recommendations on companies that might have this available?

I think rangers come with insulation pads, at least I'm seen companies offering them, including some saying they have oem pads.

Thank you for any advice/insight.
I was in a Mav. XLT at my dealer. I started it to hear the EcoBoost engine noise at the engine (with hood up) and at the tail pipe. It was hard to even tell the engine was running. Although it was not on the road I think the noise level would be OK without the sound pad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Be cautious with engine covers. If you live in rural America the rats tend to make nests under the covers. Many people take them off and that helps tremendously with nests.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts